The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

19 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Lapdogs? Is that how you speak about people who have a different opinion to you?

Didn't you hear, it's only a problem when *other* people do it :hihi:

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

They're immigrants, not ex pats.

No, as I'm a fellow Briton than I correctly refer to them as "ex pat", or more formally, emigrant. They're going out, not coming in.

36 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Didn't you hear, it's only a problem when *other* people do it :hihi:

There are ways of voicing opinions and disagreeing. As I mentioned, most of my friends voted Remain, and we get on and discuss just fine, as 90% of the population do.

The inability to have a normal conversation comes in forums, from certain types. I don't believe I'm that type because I chat happily with Remain friends day-day. Do you have normal conversations with Leave voting friends?

9 minutes ago, woodview said:

There are ways of voicing opinions and disagreeing.

And then you start accusing other people of stuff when they point out your error, *exactly* the sort of thing you claim to take great exception to :rolleyes:

So as before, it's only a problem (seemingly) when other people do it :thumbsup:

As I mentioned....

... and yet on here, you've repeatedly failed to maintain your composure and resort to the behaviour you claim to find so offensive in others.. weird huh! :suspect::hihi:

Edited by Magilla

Just now, Magilla said:

And then you start accusing other people of stuff when they point out your error, *exactly* the sort of thing you claim to take great exception to :rolleyes:

So as before, it's only a problem (seemingly) when other people do it :thumbsup:

... and yet on here, you've repeatedly failed to maintain your composure :suspect:

have I? As I mentioned, I keep it fine with other reasonable people, like my Remain friends. Do you have sensible, calm discussions with Leave supporting friends and colleagues?

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

have I?

Yes, as pointed out :thumbsup: The irony, given the your claims re: your brexit vote rationale and it's validity/relation to reality, is that you're the "lapdog" :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

6 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Yes, as pointed out :thumbsup: The irony, given the your claims re: your brexit vote rationale and it's validity/relation to reality, is that you're the "lapdog" :hihi:

I assume from your silence, you don't chat to any Leave voting friends or colleagues day-day through choice?

Edited by woodview

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Cameron had to resign because he would have had no credibility in negotiating something that he was absolutely against.

The pity is that May,also a remainer assumed the role that should have been taken up by a firm believer in Brexit.

This was only possible by the complete  mess created by Johnson and Gove and their failure to take responsibility.

Cameron took a huge gamble because he truly thought that the British people would vote remain. In truth, as a paid leader he should have spent more time thinking it through, judging by his own parties slim thread of holding on to government with the DUP,s help. He made a judgement in exactly the same way as the remain camp are judging the leave camp, which was disastrous for him, as will it be for remainers who are adamant that Brexit won't take place. The sheer hatred that is coming from Brussels should make even the staunch remainer realise that our marriage with the EU is well and truly dead in the water.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

No, as I'm a fellow Briton than I correctly refer to them as "ex pat", or more formally, emigrant. They're going out, not coming in.

They are, of course, both emigrants and immigrants. They can't go from somewhere without going in somewhere else.

Just now, Shunter said:

Cameron took a huge gamble because he truly thought that the British people would vote remain. In truth, as a paid leader he should have spent more time thinking it through, judging by his own parties slim thread of holding on to government with the DUP,s help. He made a judgement in exactly the same way as the remain camp are judging the leave camp, which was disastrous for him, as will it be for remainers who are adamant that Brexit won't take place. The sheer hatred that is coming from Brussels should make even the staunch remainer realise that our marriage with the EU is well and truly dead in the water.

Hatred? Really?

They've got a set of red lines they aren't moving from. They told us that before the referendum. We are leaving of our own volition, we are nowhere near presenting a United front (ask 10 leave supporters what they want and you'll get at least 6 different answers) - the only common theme is completely unrealistic demands, which circles back to the original EU position.

We are the junior partner now. We are leaving to be in direct competition to the EU, just Japan or Brazil or whoever. Why on earth do you think they'll want to do us any favours? We had the best deal when were in!

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Hatred? Really?

They've got a set of red lines they aren't moving from. They told us that before the referendum. We are leaving of our own volition, we are nowhere near presenting a United front (ask 10 leave supporters what they want and you'll get at least 6 different answers) - the only common theme is completely unrealistic demands, which circles back to the original EU position.

We are the junior partner now. We are leaving to be in direct competition to the EU, just Japan or Brazil or whoever. Why on earth do you think they'll want to do us any favours? We had the best deal when were in!

Yes, hatred. Unless you've had your head in a bucket these last few days you'd have seen how the British people have been perceived by Tusk, in a speech totally unchallenged by the rest of the EU.

You also speak of the EU being a single denominator, refusing to budge from its stance. Well that's not entirely true either, unless you believe that the EU could be dictatorship after all. In short, the EU is nothing more than a buying group, just like any other. The difference being they rely on country donations and creaming their own funds from it, where a single country does the same but the cream goes on it's own cake.

The EU. 

A blood sucking leech disguised as a reputable group of nations.

The Brexiteers on here seem to be getting very snippy, angry and intolerant!

Could they finally be realising that the game is up? 😉