The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Once again, for the third time.

What metric are you using to determine 'democratic influence'?

Who do you think you are?

You've not input anything to why you think our 9% representation is a good thing.

I'm using the quantity of Uk representatives in parliament. EU is 9% , Uk is 100%.

Now, why don't you tell me why you think that is a good situation?

That's a good standard. But it is still imposed on us by an external authority, that we have little democratic sway over.

Because we don't like what our own government is doing, is the solution to get another external body to overule it? I think we should be making our own decisons and holding our own representatives to account, here. If you want stronger environmental protections, vote for a party that is going to bring them. If you want better workers rights, vote for a party that's going to bring them. Don't expect someone else to do it for you.

---------- Post added 10-10-2018 at 12:13 ----------

100% . All those MPs are UK representatives, voting on UK legislation.

They can also propose legislation, EU legislation is proposed by the commission and OK'd by EU parliament.

How is your influence 100% ?

Not 'my' , I am one of 60 million. Uk electorate influence over the parliament governing it.

I think you understand anyway.

I'm someone who's trying to get you to at least back up your claims with something approaching an argument.

faux patriotism :thumbsup:

its the old arguement of

but it might make a mess of our economy

oh thats ok, at least its "our" mess

:thumbsup:

I'm someone who's trying to get you to at least back up your claims with something approaching an argument.

So, are you going to answer why you think it's OK? Obviously with well researched and critically thought out appraisal of your findings.

---------- Post added 10-10-2018 at 12:25 ----------

faux patriotism :thumbsup:

its the old arguement of

but it might make a mess of our economy

oh thats ok, at least its "our" mess

:thumbsup:

Why is it faux patriotism? It's about valuing our democracy.

There is no 'old argument' about 'our mess' .

So, are you going to answer why you think it's OK? Obviously with well researched and critically thought out appraisal of your findings.

that what? we only had 9% influence in the EU?

maybe because we were a club of 28 countries and all get a say, now thats democratic, maybe youd want us to have 15% say and maybe one of the smaller nations dont get a say at all?

Not 'my' , I am one of 60 million. Uk electorate influence over the parliament governing it.

I think you understand anyway.

We had that at the last election and look what happened.....

So, are you going to answer why you think it's OK? Obviously with well researched and critically thought out appraisal of your findings' .

Back up your claims.

Back up your claims.

I've written it already in the reply, if you go back and read it.

Have you noticed you are just repeating the the same petty question, but aren't actually offering any alternative view?

You've not input anything to why you think our 9% representation is a good thing.

I'm using the quantity of Uk representatives in parliament. EU is 9% , Uk is 100%.

Now, why don't you tell me why you think that is a good situation?

Considering there are 28 members and we have 9% of the Meps than we aren't in a bad position are we? It's 3 times more than fairness would suggest..

I've written it already in the reply, if you go back and read it.

Have you noticed you are just repeating the the same petty question, but aren't actually offering any alternative view?

Are you suggesting we should have had total control of the EU then?