The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

passing the buck for idiocy as usual :roll:

What would be idiocy is for those in authority to allow about 35 million people to turn out for a public vote, when one of the two choices can't be implemented because of the Good Friday Agreement.

What would be idiocy is for those in authority to allow about 35 million people to turn out for a public vote, when one of the two choices can't be implemented because of the Good Friday Agreement.

i agree

but i also think its idiocy to mindlessly vote leave without thinking about any of the possible circumstances and possibilities too ;)

The truth is that the vast majority of voters,both leave and remain,did not recognise the possible impact on the GFA,plus a 1001 other repercussions of Brexit.

To be fair, for remain voters, the impact of their decision on the GFA and the other 1001 issues would have been "it will stay the same as now". Not a lot of deep thinking required about that.

It's leave voters who should have considered the implications of their actions closely.

May cant be trusted to deliver the referendum result . Its time to walk away and tell the EU to shove it . We should not be giving concessions to the Europeans. Walk away before we lose our dignity.

You don't have any dignity, your brain is empty.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 19:58 ----------

Maybe they should have pointed this out before the referendum so that people could make a more informed decision.

To be fair, for remain voters, the impact of their decision on the GFA and the other 1001 issues would have been "it will stay the same as now". Not a lot of deep thinking required about that.

It's leave voters who should have considered the implications of their actions closely.

but the point is, remain voters generally did think about any consequences that "could" happen and did think things staying as they are is probably the best choice. doesnt need to be deep thinking, just some thinking helps

No party has ever done a deal with ultra right wing religious fanatics until recently. It’s not usual.

Stop wriggling. Notice I never stated making deals with ultra right wing religious fanatics was usual only that making deals in the circumstances I described earlier was. ;)

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

Absolutely - this highlights the failures in the original indicative vote

May cant be trusted to deliver the referendum result . Its time to walk away and tell the EU to shove it . We should not be giving concessions to the Europeans. Walk away before we lose our dignity.

And shout "I'll cut my other leg off as well!" whilst doing so.

Stop wriggling. Notice I never stated making deals with ultra right wing religious fanatics was usual only that making deals in the circumstances I described earlier was. ;)

It’s not though because such deals are rare

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 21:21 ----------

Do you think this could result in unrest in the U.K.

Because after you’ve told the Europeans to shove it, you’ve got at least half the population of the U.K. to deal with

In all reality how do you there no that will work out

I think we may be getting near to doing just that, it's obvious that the EU are terrified that if we were to get a satisfactory deal (most unlikely) that others in the EU might get ideas of their own to kick the institution into touch.

Angel1.

I think we may be getting near to doing just that, it's obvious that the EU are terrified that if we were to get a satisfactory deal (most unlikely) that others in the EU might get ideas of their own to kick the institution into touch.

Angel1.

thats one way of looking at it, in the real world though they are sticking to protecting 27 countries, when we are but one...small one with nothing to barter with, trying to act big, while scrabbling about for crumbs

thats one way of looking at it, in the real world though they are sticking to protecting 27 countries, when we are but one...small one with nothing to barter with, trying to act big, while scrabbling about for crumbs

That's the problem mel, some people think we are entitled to something better just because we're British.