Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

Just out of interest who votes in the lord mayor, is it just a job for one of the boys in the rolled up trouser club?

This question

has been answered

several times already

in this thread.

I’ve no doubt

that your next question

will be

“How much does he get paid?”

This question

has been answered

several times already

in this thread.

I’ve no doubt

that your next question

will be

“How much does he get paid?”

you are wrong then

Just out of interest who votes in the lord mayor, is it just a job for one of the boys in the rolled up trouser club?

oh yes, last time I checked, they were openly welcoming Black African Muslim Refugees :hihi:

so its undemocratic then ,no public vote, a job for one of the boys.

sometimes there is a lady mayoress

it's been the same for the last hundred or so years so it's a bit late to start complaining about it.

anyway, the lord mayor has no real power, its more of a ceremonial role so i'm not sure what real benefit changing the system would be.

we dont vote for the speaker of the house of commons or prime minister, people who have far more power and are equally as undemocratically chosen

sometimes there is a lady mayoress

it's been the same for the last hundred or so years so it's a bit late to start complaining about it.

anyway, the lord mayor has no real power, its more of a ceremonial role so i'm not sure what real benefit changing the system would be.

we dont vote for the speaker of the house of commons or prime minister, people who have far more power and are equally as undemocratically chosen

Thank you !

Now tell him how much the Lord Mayor gets paid :D

exactly, funny how people are complaining about the position NOW, not in the past LOL

---------- Post added 23-07-2018 at 20:36 ----------

nor do we vote for our bosses we work for :suspect:

exactly, funny how people are complaining about the position NOW, not in the past LOL

Oh I don't know. I remember when Peter Price was Lord Mayor but I wasn't on SF in those days.

Edited by nikki-red

If he kept his slack jaw/<Removed> shut about Trump (and the acceptability or otherwise of kissing people with differing political views) I'd be much happier with the many points made is his favour. I don't recall past leaders so blatantly 'relieving themselves orally' over such matters.

Edited by nikki-red

Guest makapaka
If he kept his slack jaw/<Removed> shut about Trump (and the acceptability or otherwise of kissing people with differing political views) I'd be much happier with the many points made is his favour. I don't recall past leaders so blatantly 'relieving themselves orally' over such matters.

Why are you so concerned about his references to Donald trump?

What’s wrong with him having that opinion?

I have to say I have come to this debate about our Lord Mayor a little late. However I have two opinions of him.

Firstly he is totally unprofessional. There is often photos of him standing on tables pillars etc (if you want a link to these I will send them). Also wearing that hat to a mayoral session is very inappropriate. I dont have a problem with him wearing it but just not to a council meeting. Does he not have any decorum?

Also my issue surrounding "Donald Trump being a wasteman" is interesting. The definition of wasteman is actually "A man who acts like a boy, lacking maturity, and generally wastes his time and life by doing everything to achieve nothing." Now I would say that fits our Lord Mayor more than Donald Trump. As like Donald Trump like him or loath him (and I do loath him) actually has done things. Whereas Majid Majid has just shouted off and done very little.

Lastly with the wider issue of Donald Trump do you really think the President of the United States will stop what hes doing because of Majid Majid and his ten commandments.

Woodmally and Martin C have hit the nail on the head in their comments. It's the immaturity and lack of respect and decorum which lead to my belief that this person is unfit for the position he holds.

Guest makapaka
I have to say I have come to this debate about our Lord Mayor a little late. However I have two opinions of him.

Firstly he is totally unprofessional. There is often photos of him standing on tables pillars etc (if you want a link to these I will send them). Also wearing that hat to a mayoral session is very inappropriate. I dont have a problem with him wearing it but just not to a council meeting. Does he not have any decorum?

Also my issue surrounding "Donald Trump being a wasteman" is interesting. The definition of wasteman is actually "A man who acts like a boy, lacking maturity, and generally wastes his time and life by doing everything to achieve nothing." Now I would say that fits our Lord Mayor more than Donald Trump. As like Donald Trump like him or loath him (and I do loath him) actually has done things. Whereas Majid Majid has just shouted off and done very little.

Lastly with the wider issue of Donald Trump do you really think the President of the United States will stop what hes doing because of Majid Majid and his ten commandments.

Who made the rules up about what to wear in that position? Why can’t he change the idea of how a mayor should dress?

Why does him standing on a table upset you so much?

Why shouldn’t the waste man tag apply to Donald trump? A man who acts like a boy and lacks maturity??? Why does that apply to the mayor? Because he wears clothes you don’t like?