Man sentenced to life for brutal murder

well come back in 24 years and say told you so, at the minute hes incarcerated for 24 years, i imagine with what he said to doctors they know hes not fit, and i cant see that changing, a love of killing is built into him.

The thing with the UK is, we are civilised, we give our prisoners a chance of parole (even if we say no at the time) we cant give and take who we give parole too, ALL prisoners have a right to it, it DOESNT mean they are getting out then tho.

He was allowed to put in his plea at court. That would not be allowed if he didn't have capacity to do so.

How do people feel about lobotomy?

For who, murderers, why stop there, I reckon my mate should have his 12 year old boy lobotomising seeing as that Ritalin aint working.

For who, murderers, why stop there, I reckon my mate should have his 12 year old boy lobotomising seeing as that Ritalin aint working.

Why do you think a child with ADHD needs lobotomising??? bit harsh!

Anyway, it was just a general question to see what people thought! i've heard it been mentioned before..

A quick scrape of the brain and ta da, no more functioning..

We could peg feed them, hook them up with a catheter and colostomy bag and let them exist til their dying day laid on a bed staring into space..

It's sort of like a death penalty but without actually killing them!! That'd keep the 'what about his human rights' and 'only godth giveths and taketh awayth' folk AND the pitchfork, pyre building mob happier..

Edited by Chelle-82

Why do you think a child with ADHD needs lobotomising??? bit harsh!

Anyway, it was just a general question to see what people thought! i've heard it been mentioned before..

A quick scrape of the brain and ta da, no more functioning..

We could peg feed them, hook them up with a catheter and colostomy bag and let them exist til their dying day laid on a bed staring into space..

It's sort of like a death penalty but without actually killing them!! That'd keep the 'what about his human rights' and 'only godth giveths and taketh awayth' folk AND the pitchfork, pyre building mob happier..

Pot....meet kettle :rolleyes:

Pot....meet kettle :rolleyes:

????

WHAT???

How is that the same thing??

Lets just say, first of all i was just having a bit of a laugh..

BUT in all seriousness, how are you comparing a child with ADHD to a murderer?

Pot meet kettle I dont think so! Pot meet Bong more like!!

needs exposing for the publics safety and our childrens saftey.. anyhow rant over... hope he gets wots coming soon...

You do realise that it is precisely because of people like you that a new identity and all the costs that go with it are necessary?

You do realise that it is precisely because of people like you that a new identity and all the costs that go with it are necessary?

Theres a simple answer - don't commit repulsive murders and you wont have members of the public gunning for you, they might get anonymity but do they deserve it?

Theres a simple answer - don't commit repulsive murders and you wont have members of the public gunning for you, they might get anonymity but do they deserve it?

Society does. Do you really want to live in a country where mobs beat people to death in public places? Bodies swinging from lamp-posts? Where the wrong perpetrator's home is burnt out and innocent people die?

That's what you'd get - it's not the place I want to be.

Society does. Do you really want to live in a country where mobs beat people to death in public places? Bodies swinging from lamp-posts? Where the wrong perpetrator's home is burnt out and innocent people die?

I agree with your point completely, but I would also like to live somewhere that people are actually fearful of the penal system and know that if they commit a crime their life will be a horrible existence rather than what this country actually offers.

I personally think we spend far too much time and effort worrying about the human rights of the perpetrator and forget why they are in the situation in the first place. The punishment needs to be relative to the crime and certainly needs to show a huge deterrent in the first place which I don't think many of our punishments are.

Isn't the wrong perpetrator more likely to be attacked when the real ID of the offender isn't known?