Blades Vs Queens Park Rangers

SomeNextGuy

Both teams played decently in the first half without looking exceptional but United created more chances and deserved their half time lead. They looked good at the start of the second half, but when QPR burst out of their shell after going 2-0 down it was frightening to see how they panicked and lost control. There was a lack of leadership and there were no ball winners in midfield. I was disappointed not to see Holmes play but it seems he's injured, so I'm hoping he'll be available on Friday.

It'd good to see Sharp and Clarke getting back to their best and we have a very solid defence so I think we'll play a lot better than that in the forthcoming games.

They were 0-3 down at Wolves the other week and came back to make it 2-3,so that's what they are capable of,we need to score first,score early,and score more when we are on top so we can survive when our opponents come into the game,we aren't going to dominate for 90 minutes in this league.

I don’t mean Leon played badly he just look frustrated his body language to me says at times I can’t be arsed

Leon and Billy and Donaldson in particular need passes on the floor into open spaces to be at their best for them to run onto they are all good in those situations and they all know where the net is No 0-0 wins

UTB

I thought we played ok till the last 20 mins when we invited them on to us
Reading between the lines from Wilder's post-match interview, I think that was quite possibly intentional; a recognition that going all out attack all through the game looks pretty and gets you praise but doesn't necessarily get you the three points. Sometimes you have to absorb some pressure and dig in. OK, so we don't look like we're great at it yet, but this team is a work in progress (you could argue all football teams are).

At times last night we played like: 1. The SUFC we've come to know of the last 2 seasons - all out, in their faces. 2. Playing it around the back/mid then quarterbacking the ball to the forward areas. 3. playing like Burnley's low block.

I like to think it was all pretty much intentional. I'd be surprised if Wilder and Knill et al don't constantly study and think about the need for a range of tactical dispositions.

Reading between the lines from Wilder's post-match interview, I think that was quite possibly intentional; a recognition that going all out attack all through the game looks pretty and gets you praise but doesn't necessarily get you the three points. Sometimes you have to absorb some pressure and dig in. OK, so we don't look like we're great at it yet, but this team is a work in progress (you could argue all football teams are).

At times last night we played like: 1. The SUFC we've come to know of the last 2 seasons - all out, in their faces. 2. Playing it around the back/mid then quarterbacking the ball to the forward areas. 3. playing like Burnley's low block.

I like to think it was all pretty much intentional. I'd be surprised if Wilder and Knill et al don't constantly study and think about the need for a range of tactical dispositions.

Yes I take your point may be you are right but we have never been all that good at that.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 12:25 ----------

Over 25k there last night as well, brilliant numbers as usual. We're 5th this season in the average home attendance table.

Not bad for a pub team .They played ok last night but i have seen them play better and lose but they were sound last night.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 17:49 ----------

I do know we scored from a corner last night but generally we get nothing from corners .They are awful .Pity Woodward is not around he was the best ever at them he could have taught them a thing or two bless him.

Results not good but performances have been good, results will come.

We said that about Wednesday in October. Trouble is, they didn't. You can only sit and watch. Watching dross is very frustrating, especially when you know only 75% effort is being put in. At least your boys are genuinely trying.

Edit: I can't fault our present 14 for organisation, effort and some quality.

They're professionals, so they're not behind the door.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

We said that about Wednesday in October. Trouble is, they didn't. You can only sit and watch. Watching dross is very frustrating, especially when you know only 75% effort is being put in. At least your boys are genuinely trying.

They are well up for it each match. Obviously main reason is Wilders man management and enthusiasm, plus the chemistry between him and Knill. He’s recruited lots of’ players who’ve under achieved in their careers but still hungry for success. Add to that a core group of «* footballers*», Duffy, Fleck, Coutts and Brooks and thé mix is quite potent.

Not sure if that will extend into a second season at Championship level, certain players approaching the twilight years of their careers.

We could go up’of course, perish the thought, Championships enough for me, like a circus in’the Prem.

You've got to wonder if the Owls managerial appointment was a big mistake.I reckon Shrewsbury's Paul Hurst would ,at the very least got the players busting a gut every game.He would have been a very" Wilder "like appointment.

Anyhow .... a good open game last night,QPR played their part and might have snatched an unlikely draw at the end.It was nice to see Leon back from his "holidays";he ran himself daft again.The best I've seen him play this year, lets hope it wasn't a one off.

You've got to wonder if the Owls managerial appointment was a big mistake.I reckon Shrewsbury's Paul Hurst would ,at the very least got the players busting a gut every game.He would have been a very" Wilder "like appointment.

Anyhow .... a good open game last night,QPR played their part and might have snatched an unlikely draw at the end.It was nice to see Leon back from his "holidays";he ran himself daft again.The best I've seen him play this year, lets hope it wasn't a one off.

Surprised Paul didn't go to Rotherham UTD, he's still in contact with Tony Stewart too. Nice bloke too for a Wednesday fan :) Expect him to manage both RUFC and SWFC at some point in the future. Would certainly wish him good luck at Wednesday, so long as they stay below us. :) :)