Ipswich vs the Blades 06/01/2018

Blades 1 up. Nathan Thomas :)

Side footed in to the top corner from 20 yards. Reet finish.

You have only got to look at the teams put out to play today at any club ,no one

Wants to risk unnecessary injuries ,the big 6 clubs in premiership only interested

In Playing in big competitions just look at attendances around the country I for one don’t want to travel 400 mile round trip to watch a reserve squad play, most people who I talk to at games say not interested in the fa cup or any other cup game, only one interest and that’s finishing in top 2 or second a top 6 position

You have only got to look at the teams put out to play today at any club ,no one

Wants to risk unnecessary injuries ,the big 6 clubs in premiership only interested

In Playing in big competitions just look at attendances around the country I for one don’t want to travel 400 mile round trip to watch a reserve squad play, most people who I talk to at games say not interested in the fa cup or any other cup game, only one interest and that’s finishing in top 2 or second a top 6 position

47000 at Newcastle may not agree!

As we all know Newcastle always get a good crowd whoever they play same as Liverpool v everton game have a look at other attendances around the country ,today

United had 3 first team regulars starting

Edited by jacklev1

Seems like Wilder is a happy anyway.

A few fringe players getting an outing.

A victory, in to the 4th round hat.

Leonard on board.

Derby day Friday

Things are looking good.

Side footed in to the top corner from 20 yards. Reet finish.

A great goal from another Blade youngster, be it radio said it was a 30 yarder:hihi:

A great goal from another Blade youngster, be it radio said it was a 30 yarder:hihi:

On twitter it will be a 50 yarder!

:hihi:

I think I'll watch the highlights later on MOTD for more accurate number.

Great result, either way.

I had found in the last few seasons with us not getting out of that division, I lost interest in the FACup for concentrating on league, and when I saw this draw, I thought this is just a lose type draw with no interest. But this is a great season I think to have a good cup run. The draw is always good too.

Any home game, or away at any of the big [spending] boys will do :)

---------- Post added 06-01-2018 at 19:53 ----------

Seems like Wilder is a happy anyway.

A few fringe players getting an outing.

A victory, in to the 4th round hat.

Leonard on board.

Derby day Friday

Things are looking good.

They might not be on Saturday! :hihi:

This new manager thing is really bad timing for us. Perfect for them. If they lose, reason: new manager and/or 'is a crap season and expect to lose'.

We're probably favourites to win amongst bookies and fans, but it's no different to any other game.

50/50 for me.

Edited by *_ash_*

was not too bothered about this one pre match, but going in to Fridays game with a away win , cant hurt....

was not too bothered about this one pre match, but going in to Fridays game with a away win , cant hurt....

yes, pre-match, I was thinking we would lose. Mainly, I didn't want to draw it though. I'd prefer win/lose. Win, great! Lose, expected and can move on. Draw against these means a boring unwanted replay (no disrespect Ipswich fans of SF, I'm 100% sure they would say same)

If it's against Man U at Old Trafford however, draw and reply ok :)

Come on near enough none of these players have hardly ever won anything the fa cup will always be a good distraction from the league programme . Possible trips abroad as winners think any player would luv a medal of some sort.

Trip to Wembley 90 odd thousand there amazing for any fan.

Can near enough guarrentee half of Sheffield would go if any of the sheff clubs got there.

Saying l wish club would get knocked out is just not the thing to say...what happens ye get knocked out and no promotion ?

One season wasted

Ive been through the late 60s 70s and always look forward to the fa cup ok if ye get Man U and ye go out fair enough but money in the bank aint a bad thing for any club.

Agree 100% it has lost some of it's magic because the big six are more interested in europe rather than domestic competitions .Money spoils it again.

---------- Post added 07-01-2018 at 10:47 ----------

A pity Thomas got injured it sounded like he was having a good game .Only seen him a couple of times but has always impressed me .Have we finally got some one who can score with a shot outside the area?

Agree 100% it has lost some of it's magic because the big six are more interested in europe rather than domestic competitions .Money spoils it again.

---------- Post added 07-01-2018 at 10:47 ----------

A pity Thomas got injured it sounded like he was having a good game .Only seen him a couple of times but has always impressed me .Have we finally got some one who can score with a shot outside the area?

Also if the top six in premier would not get in the other cups think most of other teams would really go for it..As ye say champions leagues more important than breathing to the top six