Am I alone or do interviewers always seem to ask the wrong questions a

They certainly have ready made answers to the questions they wish you'd asked them.

Have lot track of the times I've seen one asked a question, and the politician goes off on a tangent and answers a completely different question, or just talks about whatever it is they want to talk about.

You do know that they are trained in how to avoid answering questions don't you? The 'First, can I just say....' is the classic gambit. They are also taught how to run sentences into each other without a pause which prevents the interviewer getting a word in, disagreeing or asking a follow up question.

They can make not answering a question last the entire interview. It's a form of filibustering.

You do know that they are trained in how to avoid answering questions don't you? The 'First, can I just say....' is the classic gambit. They are also taught how to run sentences into each other without a pause which prevents the interviewer getting a word in, disagreeing or asking a follow up question.

They can make not answering a question last the entire interview. It's a form of filibustering.

I found the above post very interesting and true.

Of all your bad posts, which do you consider the worst?

Of all your bad posts, which do you consider the worst?

What in the above post do you wish to contradict? I did linguistics at college. Looking at political speech and speech patterns was part of the course. You only have to listen to politicians talking with a keen ear to hear these examples over and over again.

If you would care to put up a proper argument instead of just insults, I would be happy to discuss it with you.

Edited by Anna B

What in the above post do you wish to contradict? I did linguistics at college. Looking at political speech and speech patterns was part of the course. You only have to listen to politicians talking with a keen ear to hear these examples over and over again.

If you would care to put up a proper argument instead of just insults, I would be happy to discuss it with you.

Lighten up Anna.

Classic Mrs Merton to Debbie McGee -

"What first attracted you to millionaire celebratory Paul Daniels?"

So you don't think this was a fair question then?

Or are or dodging it?

Mrs Merton and Dennis Pennis interviews, although spoofs, were fantastic at puncturing holes in the over inflated egos of celebs and politicians.

One of the best interviews this year was Michael Gove being interviewed by I think Andrew Marr, after every direct question he answered yes or no, the pair of them both finished up laughing.

When we see interviews and the person being interviewed starts every answer with either 'look' or 'listen' one of us usually says 'lies coming up'.

'So of all your bad posts, which do you consider the worst' is not a question, it is an insult.

Careful ash, Watch yourself...

I wasn't insulting you, flanker spotted it (I noticed on last page with a loaded question)

It's an example of interviewers questioning techniques.

Paxman asked this to Cameron before last GE.

Though he worded it as 'of all your bad decisions, which was the worst'

All the comments to it online were saying - he's dodging answering this, he's worming his way out of it, he'll slim his way out of it etc. Yet the same people moan and groan that it's propaganda and right wing press etc. when aimed at someone on 'their own side'

It's a crap way of interviewing, and I hate to see it, and hence why you get politicians 'dodging' things. Incidentally, the first question Paxman asked was 'Mr Cameron, tell me how many foodbanks there were when you came into office?'

-

I'm surprised that since you studied linguistics that they didn't teach you about loaded, or leading questions.