Council tree felling...

Cant be having those middle class houses getting damaged and reducing their value now, can we.

Another tree lopped on Sheldon Road yesterday - theyve left a pollocked version which no doubt they will come back for and remove after the elections ... one less tree to soak up the high traffic pollution on this road and I believe others are targetted next on the same road :-(:confused::mad:

As a regular pushchair pusher up Sheldon Road good riddance I say. I'm all for trees per say but not when they turn pavements into something akin to moon landing.

Cant be having those middle class houses getting damaged and reducing their value now, can we.

Since when has Sheldon Road been middle class?

You obviously don't think so. Are there other reasons other than the Streets Ahead contract?

Who will you be voting for to replace them?

Many, as discussed previously.

No, I don't want to go into them all again, so you can do your usual thanks.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 14:12 ----------

You think changing a handful of Labour elected reps for those of other parties will make one blind bit of difference?

I'd hope a change might alter things, yes. Obviously, like yourself, I do have a certain amount of cynicism on that, but it's good to hope that things can get better. A major part of the problem is the complacency and arrogance they display- letting them know that voters do matter and can make a difference is important in my view.

Guest makapaka
Many, as discussed previously.

No, I don't want to go into them all again, so you can do your usual thanks.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 14:12 ----------

I'd hope a change might alter things, yes. Obviously, like yourself, I do have a certain amount of cynicism on that, but it's good to hope that things can get better. A major part of the problem is the complacency and arrogance they display- letting them know that voters do matter and can make a difference is important in my view.

Ok.....

So who will you be voting for?

I think Labour is likely to maintain or increase their vote in Sheffield in May. The tree problems will have a negligible impact because most people aren't affected and don't care either way about the leafy suburbs. This is almost entirely a Nether Edge white middle class issue. Ordinary People care more about prices in the shops, jobs and housing than they do about half dozen over sized trees which is what this now boils down to.

I don't know a single person living in Nether Edge, but I know a lot who are against the wholesale felling of our street trees.

Ok.....

So who will you be voting for?

Strategically - i.e. whoever stands a chance of getting in in my area. It's time for a change.

Nether Edge.. white middle class?....

nearly spat my tea out....

surely somebody needs to go have a look... it was far from that last time I was there.. it's a good cosmopolitan multi cultural melting pot of ever I saw one.

and isn't the whole of Sheffield one big leafy suburb? I think THAT is kinda the point.

Guest makapaka
Strategically - i.e. whoever stands a chance of getting in in my area. It's time for a change.

Whoever?

Regardless of political party?

Nether Edge.. white middle class?....

nearly spat my tea out....

surely somebody needs to go have a look... it was far from that last time I was there.. it's a good cosmopolitan multi cultural melting pot of ever I saw one.

and isn't the whole of Sheffield one big leafy suburb? I think THAT is kinda the point.

Good point - the protesters are very unrepresentative of the area yet claim wide spread support - most people don't give a hoot.

Whoever?

Regardless of political party?

I'm not loyal to any political party - why should I be? Absolutely no party represents me, or the things that worry or concern me. I go for who I feel is offering the best policies when I vote. Blind loyalty is not for me in politics - I feel it may be in your case!

In this instance, it'll be anyone that stands a realistic chance of getting in, and removing the dreadful lot we have in at the moment.

Guest makapaka
I'm not loyal to any political party - why should I be? Absolutely no party represents me, or the things that worry or concern me. I go for who I feel is offering the best policies when I vote. Blind loyalty is not for me in politics - I feel it may be in your case!

In this instance, it'll be anyone that stands a realistic chance of getting in, and removing the dreadful lot we have in at the moment.

I didn't accuse you of being loyal to a political party.

You must be aware of existing party policies though?

If in this instance you are voting anyone that has a realistic chance of getting in - could this be a representative of the Conservatives? Do you agree with most of their policies? Or Liberal Democrat - do you agree with theirs?