Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Not impressed by my constituency MP at all!

Look, I'm a big fan of Corbyn and desperately want him to be Prime Minister (but note I'm not rigidly party political). Despite that, I voted for Clegg last time because I thought then that he is far better qualified to be my elected representative than Mr O'Mara. I said at the time "I know nothing at all about him (O'Mara)!"

And it's proving that the more I know the less I like :-(. One doesn't use language like that lightly. Even 15 years ago. Time for a by-election in my opinion. And better still, one in which Natalie Bennett would stand...

If Corbyn acts and fires him, they will probably win the seat again.

If he props him up any longer, there will be a voter backlash.

Remember a good 60-70% of the electorate are female, homosexual and/or fat (the people he has shown he hates)

---------- Post added 24-10-2017 at 11:16 ----------

Are people expecting him to quit/be pushed as MP (regardless of whether people think he should, do people think he will?)

There are 74,962 reasons why he won't quit.

Going back to being a bouncer on West Street will be a big drop in the manner he's become accustomed to being kept.

There are 74,962 reasons why he won't quit.

Going back to being a bouncer on West Street will be a big drop in the manner he's become accustomed to being kept.

Took a while for me to work that out :)

He wasn't a bouncer though - he booked bands and DJ'd. Have known him many years.

Based on his written questions to parliament so far (https://www.theyworkforyou.com), it's nice to see he has the best interests of his constituents at heart...

...however, it's a shame he believes his constituency is in the West Bank and not up Fulwood Rd.

He needs to resign, so we can elect a proper MP.

If Corbyn acts and fires him, they will probably win the seat again.

If he props him up any longer, there will be a voter backlash.

Remember a good 60-70% of the electorate are female, homosexual and/or fat (the people he has shown he hates).

Depends on who they put up. It will need to be a quality, competent candidate.

And BTW I'm neither LGBT, female or fat, but I don't want my fellow citizens of what ever ilk being talked about like that. I'm sure there are many others like me.

Depends on who they put up. It will need to be a quality, competent candidate.

And BTW I'm neither LGBT, female or fat, but I don't want my fellow citizens of what ever ilk being talked about like that. I'm sure there are many others like me.

My thoughts exactly...

Reading this thread is the first I've heard of this story. After careful consideration of the available information I conclude that he's a thoroughly dodgy individual and not fit to be an MP.

I wouldn't like to say given this is a public forum, and they are just that-rumours. I'm sure that there will be more information coming.

This, it's not right to throw rumours around without proof.

Are people expecting him to quit/be pushed as MP (regardless of whether people think he should, do people think he will?)

Not on whats come out so far, it's just a few internet messages from a long time ago.

I am outraged over this mans behaviour.

Angel1.

Really? Outraged? I'd stay well within the safe confines of SF if I were you, your head will explode. ;)

Is he MP material? Really doesn't look like it. Is his behaviour uncommon? Have a brief look at social media - of course it isn't!

Really? Outraged? I'd stay well within the safe confines of SF if I were you, your head will explode. ;)

Is he MP material? Really doesn't look like it. Is his behaviour uncommon? Have a brief look at social media - of course it isn't!

I won't comment on Jared particularly as I know him well, so won't make any comment on his specific case.

What I do think is interesting is that the percentage of people who have said stupid things online over the years must be getting higher and higher all the time.

I was 18 before the internet became huge thankfully (I remember the days of BBS's and very slow dial up). I'm sure at 18-21 I said some very stupid things, but thankfully there's little evidence!

That said, I'm not an MP, nor running for that job. You do have to wonder whether people know they're going to want to go into that job so stay off internet forums and the like.

Donald Trump never grew out of having these same views

And remember the most recent allegation against O'Mara is from March 2017, so not something historic

I won't comment on Jared particularly as I know him well, so won't make any comment on his specific case.

What I do think is interesting is that the percentage of people who have said stupid things online over the years must be getting higher and higher all the time.

I was 18 before the internet became huge thankfully (I remember the days of BBS's and very slow dial up). I'm sure at 18-21 I said some very stupid things, but thankfully there's little evidence!

That said, I'm not an MP, nor running for that job. You do have to wonder whether people know they're going to want to go into that job so stay off internet forums and the like.

We've all said stupid things in the past: but how many of have made hugely sexist/homophobic comments? I'd suggest very very few of us.

Of course, if the behaviour turns out to have been repeated recently, and to have been, say, widely talked about in certain communities, then there's even more of a problem.