Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Regardless of left or right and who said what and when...the man does not seem to care much about the people who elected him (or in my case did not).

I have not heard anything from him since election, on how he plans to help my constituency get it's voice heard.

Has he raised the profile of Sheffield Hallam in Parliament in his maiden speech?

I don't think he has...just seemingly sat on his hands.

Based on his first few months, he sounds and seems...clueless.

I have read that he doesn't like working Fridays, as apparently he is hung over.

If I had this attitude to the customers I work with, I would be sacked.

Being a politician, does he remember this one?

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

Sounds like your typical MP then. As time goes by it'll be fun finding out more about "our" MPs from their internet histories.

---------- Post added 25-10-2017 at 11:23 ----------

Reading this thread is the first I've heard of this story. After careful consideration of the available information I conclude that he's a thoroughly dodgy individual and not fit to be an MP.

That's what qualifies him to be an MP

How come the Labour Party didnt know about these rumours?

According to the Lucy Powell interview on the BBC today, all Labour candidates have to sign a contract stating there is nothing in their past that will bring the party into disrepute.

So he's either an idiot or a liar.

But then again with the apology crew of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott in charge, as long as you say sorry for past comments it's all fine.

We've all said ridiculous stuff when we were young. They were comments made 15 years ago. . .

Let it go.

How about the comments made 7 months ago?

Can we stop pretending that these comments were made as part of some moody teenager angst unwittingly posted on a public forum.

The man was in his 20s. They were posted at a time where he was already a paid up member of the Labour Party, was working as a campaign officer for the British Council of Disabled People and partly running a business.

He did not exactly fall accidently into politics and would have had half a brain to know that once in any position of power such internet history would be trawled through and brought up at an opportune moment.

In view of the other allegations he is looking far from a man who has changed his ways despite the soppy well scripted statement.

Enough with the sympathies. Brought it on himself. Carried on doing it. Deserves what's coming.

Suspended by the Labour Party.

Maybe they are taking it seriously

How about the comments made 7 months ago?

Can we stop pretending that these comments were made as part of some moody teenager angst unwittingly posted on a public forum.

The man was in his 20s. They were posted at a time where he was already a paid up member of the Labour Party, was working as a campaign officer for the British Council of Disabled People and partly running a business.

He did not exactly fall accidently into politics and would have had half a brain to know that once in any position of power such internet history would be trawled through and brought up at an opportune moment.

In view of the other allegations he is looking far from a man who has changed his ways despite the soppy well scripted statement.

Enough with the sympathies. Brought it on himself. Carried on doing it. Deserves what's coming.

What did he say 7 months ago?

He's now been suspended by the Labour Party.

Anyone care to guess the date of The By-election?

Nah, he'll be let back in after sitting on the naughty step for a while.

I would have a punt on Jan / Feb

Momentum will stick their beak in creating some trouble to delay matters and then Compo will dither about for a while so its got to be a couple of months at least.

If Corbyn can replace him with a Momentum-backed candidate and win a by-election, he'll be writing a thankyou letter to Guido Fawkes

---------- Post added 25-10-2017 at 11:48 ----------

I would have a punt on Jan / Feb

Momentum will stick their beak in creating some trouble to delay matters and then Compo will dither about for a while so its got to be a couple of months at least.

He's not Momentum backed. Why de-select the disloyal MPs when they can do it for you?

Hallelujah !

AND THE TRUTH . . . SHALL SET YOU FREE !

(to quote Jim Carey from Liar Liar)

You’ve finally realised that spoken and printed comments can be offensive to other people.

It’s a pity you never realised this back when Sir Nige, BoJo the Clown and the Trumpet were making similarly vile comments, but eh, better late than never :)

I have not finally realised anything, but you were defending similar to what you would have jumped up and down about had those persons you mention above made the same comments .... irony, hypocrisy, you choose, it's you that has been sussed :D

I find it particularly ironic that someone who lives by the sword of "identity politics" seems to be dying by it...

Still, if you want to represent Sheffield Hallam, know your stuff...