Will you fit winter tyres to your car this year?

People also need to get over this fixation that winter tyres are only for driving in snow.

Plus why do people seem to think winter tyres stop working above 7 degrees?

And tzijlstra can you please backup your claim they're worse in water.

No because I’d be looking at £1,500 for a set

Flipping heck ! What are you driving?

I won't bother. I am having new tires fitted on Friday (4) all weather and a good mid-range tire. If the weather is bad enough for winter tires to be required I'll just work from home and keep off the Road. Too many morons about in good weather, never mind when the weather turns.

Got them on already. Plus a pair of chains ready in the boot.

I've got Falken Euroall Seasons on a Subaru Legacy Outback. Then again since they've been on we've had two winters with minimal snow in the city at least.

After a drive through Storm Brian last week I can vouch for their excellent wet weather performance and I have not noticed a big decrease in fuel consumption in the dry.

Incidentally, during that snowfall on Boxing Day 2014, we had taken the wife's Corsa down to the Midlands instead of our old Scooby Legacy as it was sick.

When the snow came that lttle Corsa was ploughing on merrily past all the fat tyred Mercs and Audi that were stuck on the M1 at Tibself . We did eventually get caught up in the Parkway jam but headed off down Europa Way. Kudos to the misses as Bolsover St was blocked so she just headed on up through Bromhill and over Crookes top and we were back home by midnight. I don't think I saw much else moving

So what you need is an anaemic little Corsa with 3 cylinders of 1-litre engine and some skinny little tyres for winter

People also need to get over this fixation that winter tyres are only for driving in snow.

Plus why do people seem to think winter tyres stop working above 7 degrees?

And tzijlstra can you please backup your claim they're worse in water.

They stop working BETTER than summer tyres. Which is kind of the point of having them.

---------- Post added 24-10-2017 at 18:28 ----------

Got them on already. Plus a pair of chains ready in the boot.

You do realise that at the moment they will be performing considerably worse than your summer tyres, whilst also wearing down faster due to the faster compound?

Flipping heck ! What are you driving?

Nissan GTR