Crookes History

Yes they lived on Lydgate Lane. Whilst we are on about Lydgate lane . Does anyone remember the Chip Shop opp the Pub(which is now going to be houses)

It was pulled down because of subsidence.

Ok now wer'e at Lydget Lane, my cousins lived on the corner of Lydget and Cross lane. Strange houses the back windows were at street level on Cross Lane.

Does anyone know of a Margaret Parsons that lived at Crookes. ?

Do you remember the O'Neill brothers, Mick, Eddie and Robert

Was Robert the youngest ? I remember him as a ginger haired lad he was a few years older than me . Dont recall his brothers , know that one had a motor bike accident from the postings on SF. I used to live at the other end of Tasker. Robert lived near the top.

Was Robert the youngest ? I remember him as a ginger haired lad he was a few years older than me . Dont recall his brothers , know that one had a motor bike accident from the postings on SF. I used to live at the other end of Tasker. Robert lived near the top.

Yes that was Robert. Eddie was the middle one and my buddie at school. MIck was the eldest and hat the accident. Lost his leg I believe.

Ok now wer'e at Lydget Lane, my cousins lived on the corner of Lydget and Cross lane. Strange houses the back windows were at street level on Cross Lane.

Used to know a Mick Rattigan he lived on the left hand side going up lydgate withhis dad. He married a girl who used to live opposite me on Tasker.

Yes that was Robert. Eddie was the middle one and my buddie at school. MIck was the eldest and hat the accident. Lost his leg I believe.

Robert was a lovely kid he always was kind to us younger ones. We used to dangerously ride our scooters and bikes from the top of tasker to the bottom in the middle of the road.! I had a Triang scooter and the back wheel was always falling off he came out one day and mended it for me .lol What a hero.

Frank smith lived at 103 with his brother Donald and sister Margaret. 105 mule house road was Brammers corner shop I ought to know I married Peter. We went to live on TAsker RD Opp Joe Cocker his cousin was Eric. We remember the CRane Bros I believe one was killed at an early age.

hi yes of course you are right for some reason I had Frank living at the corner shop but now you have said it , it was Brammers.

Yes they lived on Lydgate Lane. Whilst we are on about Lydgate lane . Does anyone remember the Chip Shop opp the Pub(which is now going to be houses)

It was pulled down because of subsidence.

I cant believe you mentioned the chip shop :hihi: My teenage daughter asked me what I wanted to do when I was her age (im studying social work at the moment), so I told her, I wanted to run Lydgate Lane chip shop, lol. Which I did 30 years ago :hihi:. How things change, thanks for the memory trip x

Sorry do not know my cousins Chris, Margaret and Francis Orio lived on Lydgate Lane and we spent many happy hours sledging down there.

When I lived on School Rd the butchers at the top of the road was

Fred Burrows he had a Daughter called Candy she also eventually worked in

the shop.

Went to Candy and Richards sons wedding in Bradford last Saturday. My Husband was Candy and Richards best man. Mrs Burrows is 91 and looks in her 70s. It must be all those Pork Pies she used to cook in the back of her shop.mmm home made and Yummy.

Went to Candy and Richards sons wedding in Bradford last Saturday. My Husband was Candy and Richards best man. Mrs Burrows is 91 and looks in her 70s. It must be all those Pork Pies she used to cook in the back of her shop.mmm home made and Yummy.

Good to hear they are both well. Great age for mrs Burrows, lot to be said for pork pies!

Just remembered is your husbands name Steve ? One of Richards mates was called Steve many years ago. Too many years ago lol.