White Male privilege

Car boot is correct in that police forces, not just BTP by the way, offer people from ethnic minorities who apply to join the force, the chance to attend seminars which gives them the tools to prepare for the Centrex testing, interviews and a plethora of other information not available to non ethnic applicants.

I believe it used to be called positive discrimination. Not sure if that is still the word for it.

again, none of that is correct, its purely right wing posturing, white people arent excluded from any of the police forces, its mainly comprised of white people, and mostly males at that.

I have never stated that white males were being excluded from the police forces, as you are well aware.

I did say that people were being excluded, on the basis of their ethnic group and sex, from competing effectively for employment.

Barriers of race and sex have been deliberately imposed to deny access to the same rights, opportunities and facilities available to those who meet the eligible criteria.

Why do you believe that excluding people on racist and sexist grounds is acceptable?

Do you feel that the colour of a person's skin or sex is more important than the content of their character?

Ok we talked about this off topic in another thread and got a warning from the mods, fair enough, but its back in the news so here it is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41560927

Oh my God, not another disparity!

The only thing this report shows is a correlation between ethnicity and outcomes. To then impute racism as your causation with complete disregard for the scientific method just confirms you're preaching an ideology and not science.

But hey that's what the world of religion and politics. It's a rather superficial endeavor if you ask me.

I have never stated that white males were being excluded from the police forces, as you are well aware.

I did say that people were being excluded, on the basis of their ethnic group and sex, from competing effectively for employment.

Barriers of race and sex have been deliberately imposed to deny access to the same rights, opportunities and facilities available to those who meet the eligible criteria.

Why do you believe that excluding people on racist and sexist grounds is acceptable?

Do you feel that the colour of a person's skin or sex is more important than the content of their character?

Ooh! Do I detect a bit of MLK in that last sentence? :)

Hey Car Boot, you seem to have missed my question about the 'Taking a knee' protests in the USA. What's your view on that?

Hey Car Boot, you seem to have missed my question about the 'Taking a knee' protests in the USA. What's your view on that?

Hey Halibut.

You seem to have missed my even earlier question asking why do you believe that excluding people on such racist and sexist grounds is both acceptable and desirable?

---------- Post added 13-10-2017 at 17:44 ----------

Why do you not think the police force should represent the community it serves?

I do believe that the police service should represent the community it serves. It can do this by recruiting the best applicants from the community based on ability - not skin colour.

Do you think skin colour is more important than an actual ability to do a job when recruiting employee's?

What do you think about the 'Taking a knee' protests? Third time of asking - beginning to get the impression you may be dodging the question.

I do believe that the police service should represent the community it serves. It can do this by recruiting the best applicants from the community based on ability - not skin colour.

So...If the institution is predominantly white you think that's good enough reason to think that all those predominant Whites haven't been employed because of discrimination at the expense of ethnic minorities?

To sum up you think the police isn't a racist white male predominant institution and is incapable of discrimination?

Also..Do you believe discrimination within any institution exists?

What do you think about the 'Taking a knee' protests? Third time of asking - beginning to get the impression you may be dodging the question.

Says the king of answering a question with a question :hihi:

You ducked more questions than Theresa May.

So...If the institution is predominantly white you think that's good enough reason to think that all those predominant Whites haven't been employed because of discrimination at the expense of ethnic minorities?

To sum up you think the police isn't a racist white male predominant institution and is incapable of discrimination?

"The police" isn't an organisation, but some police forces have been well documented to have racist recruitment problems and generally racism problems. Take the Met for example.

---------- Post added 14-10-2017 at 08:56 ----------

I dont need to google anything you fools. Just because its un politically correct to make an observation doesnt mean its not true.

What's the answer then clever guy?

You're off your rocker cover if you cant see through OBSERVATION and the world around us we are all different. Just an excuse to politicise everything. Ofcourse any scientist that dared to say we are different would just get strung up anyway so why would they?

Oh, so you don't need no expert scientist to answer the question about genetics.

You can answer it by simply making huge assumptions, and to boot if anyone contradicts you, you'll declare it to be a PC colourwash.

Ironic. You posted a question about the genetic differences between people of different colour and now you're too scared to go and find the answer. :thumbsup:

If an organisation is predominantly white it doesn't necessarily mean that ethnic minorities have been deliberately excluded. There are some sectors which have attracted only a small number of ethnic minority recruits, such as production agriculture, and the reasons for this are complex but may indeed include an element of discrimination.

I do think that the police historically recruited from the largest ethnic group in society and I also believe that the police are now institutionally racist. The BTP are just the latest police service to demonstrate this. Discriminating against job applicants on the basis of their sex and colour of skin is horrifying and clearly shows the twisted, racist mentality of those at the top of this once respected institution.

Of course I do. I have already mentioned the police service excluding job applicants from training sessions due to them having the wrong skin colour and being the wrong sex. This is legalised discrimination and all who believe in equality and inclusivity will oppose it.

Ironic that you think that encouraging participation from females and minority backgrounds is "institutional racism" when quite a few police forces have had real institutional racism and sexism problems.

Maybe horrifying actually instead of ironic. You're so invested in your white male privilege that you see attempts to level the playing field as an attack on yourself.