Why do men's coats have inside pockets, whilst women's ones don't?

Yesterday, I was looking for ages in Meadowhall, for a coat with an inside pocket. With no luck. I did end up getting a very nice coat from All Saints. But surely, women's coats could also have an inside pocket. I can't speak for other women, but I've got stuff I'd like to put in mine.:|

Why not buy a man's style one instead until gender neutral ones are made.

Yesterday, I was looking for ages in Meadowhall, for a coat with an inside pocket. With no luck. I did end up getting a very nice coat from All Saints. But surely, women's coats could also have an inside pocket. I can't speak for other women, but I've got stuff I'd like to put in mine.:|

Cus you"ve got your handbag.

Once you start putting pockets on the inside of women's coats they'll start having silly idea's like having a career or becoming airline pilot or something like that.

Once you start putting pockets on the inside of women's coats they'll start having silly idea's like having a career or becoming airline pilot or something like that.

Women! Know your limits!

Figure and fashion.

Gentlemen don't wear items of clothing (historically) that fit as snug as a ladies.

Ladies never needed pockets as it was thought common to use them(and for men to stand with hands in said pockets)- a handbag was the appropriate attire.

It's all changing now with men wearing skin tight figure hugging ensembles - and they aren't even on a bicycle.

Because if you have inside pockets you will go out and buy something to put in them.

It probably came about because of the size of wallets, which were large because of the size of English paper money in years gone by.Women always had handbags containing a large purse for their paper money. Suits have probably stayed the same due to traditional tailoring, even though wallets have been reduced in size, to more match the newer sizes of paper money. That is my two penneth on the matter anyhow.:) You could always stitch a patch type one in, seeing as you ladies are very good with needle and thread( he says ducking). LOL

Edited by Ontarian1981

Why not buy a man's style one instead until gender neutral ones are made.

I already have hardly any curves. I wouldn't want to wear one that made me look 'blokey'. Plus, a men's small would be too big on me.

---------- Post added 06-10-2017 at 17:23 ----------

Cus you"ve got your handbag.

Yes but, I like to have somewhere to put my e cig and phone, without having to dig in my rucksack, which is usually on my back and like a minefield inside. Also sometimes, it has loads of art equipment in it.

Because if you have inside pockets you will go out and buy something to put in them.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Where's yer 'and bag?!?

That's why/were blokes clothes have more pockets because traditionally blokes don't have hand bags, although more carry a bag of some sort now.

That said try Rohan or some other travel clothing company.

Either sew one in yourself, or get a it altered for a few quid.