O2 Academy Looks Scruffy

Debenhams did say they would re-furbish the exterior of there building once all the work around it was completed.

What’s Debenhams got to do with the o2?

I worked there for several years when it first opened as the carling academy then the o2 and it very quickly went down hill. It’s a shame because the potential is there but they don’t get enough acts to spend money on the building and it’s only sponsored by o2 it’s academy music company that owns it

I'm not sure why this- it's part of the continued trend that Sheffield is becoming ignored by all touring productions now.

It's not massive inside so maybe doesn't pull particularly good ticket money?

The layout is pretty crap too which does put people off.

It wasn't amazingly well looked after either, they put on loads of student nights which trashed the place pretty fast.

I know people who'd rather watch gigs in Nottingham or Leeds instead of Sheffield, just because the venue's are better.

It's not massive inside so maybe doesn't pull particularly good ticket money?

The layout is pretty crap too which does put people off.

It wasn't amazingly well looked after either, they put on loads of student nights which trashed the place pretty fast.

I know people who'd rather watch gigs in Nottingham or Leeds instead of Sheffield, just because the venue's are better.

i always remember the balcony overlooking the dancefloor and stage, we used to sit up there in the dark corners during roxys rock nights