Sign in to follow this  

Different supermarkets attract different types of people - true or false?

Shoppers of a feather flock together  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Shoppers of a feather flock together

• True - thinking about it - Don's rate! :thumbsup:
    • False - nah! Conspiracy &/ or coincidence! :roll:
    • I'm going today to check for myself! :clap:
    • I shop at Aldi & Lidl - and do it with my head down :hihi:

In times of plenty, I'm a tesco man, in times of want, i'm a netto man, at the end of the day, its just food :D

anyone know where the singles shopping nights are? :hihi:

Yes, this is true.Mind you at Netto you gardeners can get a large Growbag for 99p.!It says they are limited to three per person,so that must mean they are cheap.(Dont know what the usually are) I tend to switch between Netto(good for Blossom Hill red wine) and Tescos(helpful staff) and of course computers for schools.I like Morrissons but you can never find a parking space.!!

Although I havent been supermarket shopping for a while as my wife does all stuff like that,When I did it was planned with millitary precision.But you can have some fun too.Try this.

1-While walking round the aisles if you come across anyone aimlessly wandering round looking for their favourite flavour of jelly and texting on their phone at the same time,Promptly crash your trolley into theirs.As they are miles away texting they automatically assume its their fault and appologise.

2-If you come across a seemingly abandoned trolley as the owner has dissapeared three aisles up because they have forgotten something,promptly move it to a different area and watch their dismay when they return..

Please note I will not be held responsible for anyone getting barred from the local minimart...:D

Yes, this is true.Mind you at Netto you gardeners can get a large Growbag for 99p.!It says they are limited to three per person,so that must mean they are cheap.

Nettos current bargains to be found here. ;)

My, you are aggressive...

If you're happy to spend the extra money shopping at Waitrose, then I'm ecstatic for you, naturally. I'm rather amused that you believe that the M&S and Waitrose brand automatically ensures quality, though. Maybe I should arrange a blind tasting for you of a few wines of my choosing?

Is this a polite way of asking Bartfast out on a blind date? :D :D :D

Love is the air, do do do dooo

Netto's trolleys are best. CD Plates on the back......you can leave 'em anywhere and get no Parking Ticket.

LOL. But of course. I'm sure we'd be a perfect match... :hihi:

I can't believe this thread, what is the matter with people, that they are getting snobby about shopping.!! Just go and do your shopping at the cheapest place, be it Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsburys'. After all its only food, and food is the same most places, if people want to shop at Morrisons, why not, I just don't like busy shops, mostly do my shopping in the Market, and also like Aldi, but most days go to Tesco on my way home, and don't take any notice of the other people shopping there.
food shopping, at the end of the day isnt usually something that many people enjoy and many (e.g. myself) really hate it, so it does in my opinion make a lot of difference to go somewhere that wont be AS full of numpties, regardless of wether it is the cheapest place to go or not! i dont think that MOST of the people (with some exceptions) who have replied to this thread are being snobby! just expressing their opinions!

..after working in a shop which really pushes customer services and good housekeeping etc for so long... ASDA really gets on ma nerves so i try and avoid it if at all possible! morrisons does indeed seem to be full of very annoying people.. if i can i usually try to go to sainsburys at archer road, its fairly cheap, the staff arent rude, the store is clean n tidy and the people shopping there arent usually too scary!

LOL. But of course. I'm sure we'd be a perfect match... :hihi:

A bit like England v Germany at the last world cup? :D :D :D

I refuse to buy fruit and veg from supermarkets - thats what greengrocers are for.

Fair enough, but....

I've had bacon from Lidl before and it was superb - just to prove that cheap doesn't always mean nasty.

Isn't that what a butchers is for?

As for supermarkets, the obvious options for better quality are Waitrose, M&S and, to an extent, Sainsburys. The obvious options for cheaper prices (but fairly nasty food) are Tesco (note: Tesco, not Tesco's), Asda and Morrisons, and the obvious options for the unemployed are Lidl, Aldi and Netto.

Personally I prefer Sainsburys because it has good quality food but also some good deals on the basics (toilet roll, cleaners, etc). It also has a much lower than average share of, as Bartfast puts it, "undesirables", unlike Tesco, Asda, et al.

A bit like England v Germany at the last world cup? :D :D :D

Or beauty and the beast?:)