Who's at fault here in this car crash

Who was at fault for this crash?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was at fault for this crash?

• White car
    • Black car
    • Other answer

I've just accepted that I'm right, that there's no cure for stupid, some people aren't for turning regardless of the evidence laid before them and I've moved on.

I've also decided to get a dash cam - i think this thread proves their worth.

I'm afraid that I've got to disagree that this thread proves that dash cams are useful. People have interpreted the footage of this particular incident in whichever way they deem fit, proof and facts have had little bearing on people's views.

Presumably the police, insurance companies and CPS are more skilled at understanding who should be driving where and apportioning blame.

I'm afraid that I've got to disagree that this thread proves that dash cams are useful. People have interpreted the footage of this particular incident in whichever way they deem fit, proof and facts have had little bearing on people's views.

When two parties are telling two different insurance companies that they both manoeuvred correctly I can't see how footage of the incident wouldn't be useful.

A dashcam in either car in the OP incident would certainly have informed their insurance company whether they followed the road markings correctly or not.

I can't believe the people are still arguing about this! The law is, if you cross lanes, you check first. The white car did not and caused the accident. Its irrespective of whether or not the sign 100m+ away said.

I can't believe the people are still arguing about this! The law is, if you cross lanes, you check first. The white car did not and caused the accident. Its irrespective of whether or not the sign 100m+ away said.

What about the road markings 20 yards in front of the collision then that confirm the white car remained in it's lane. Are they irrespective too?

Presumably the police, insurance companies and CPS are more skilled at understanding who should be driving where and apportioning blame.

In this case though, the dashcam wasn't from either car.

True, but that wouldn't alter anything if it were provided to the authorities.

In this case though, the dashcam wasn't from either car.

It probably shows a lot more than a camera on either car would.

The black car is to blame, no doubt. I do have some sympathy with the driver as the road markings at the start of the inside lane show M1 N. If he is does not know the junction and had realized he was in the wrong lane he would have expected the white car to turn left. No excuse I know but you can see by the hesitation that the driver is unsure.

i am struggling to think of an island/roundabout similar to this where, there is five possible exits on the island, you are on such as Sheffield Road, with three lanes and two of those lanes allow you to turn immediate left, duel carriage way or not, i cant think of a island that would allow you to do that? use two lanes out of three to turn left onto such as the M1N i cant think of one like that?

i am struggling to think of an island/roundabout similar to this where, there is five possible exits on the island, you are on such as Sheffield Road, with three lanes and two of those lanes allow you to turn immediate left, duel carriage way or not, i cant think of a island that would allow you to do that? use two lanes out of three to turn left onto such as the M1N i cant think of one like that?

I can't either, you're only get one where there was a massively disproportionate amount of traffic that turned left. Then most likely you would get the middle lane being left or straight on. There will be some, probably on to motorways.

In that case though the lane markings on the approach would clearly indicate such, unlike here.

True, but that wouldn't alter anything if it were provided to the authorities.

It probably shows a lot more than a camera on either car would.

The point being if a person doesn't stop to say 'I've got a dashcam and captured it', then it they'll never know about it.

I don't think in the article it says whether either crashed car got hold of this footage, for example.