Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday 01/04/17

top4718

Sometime toward the beginning of the season I asked the question 'did SWFC have the mental strength to overcome the play off defeat?'

There were so many Wednesday fans who thought it would be straightforward to just carry on from last season.

In 2003 when Forest lost the play off semi final to the Blades they disappeared totally afterwards. Never really saw Paul Hart as a manager since.

Similarly, same season it took the Blades another three seasons to get promoted after losing the final against Wolves. Arguably that Blades side of 2003 was the best side in the division and we all felt it was nailed on for us to go up the next y

Full marks to Brighton. They've shown the mental capacity to overcome their disappointment of last seasons play off.

Wednesday IMO have not.

The more realistic Wednesday fans didn't get carried away by last seasons overachievement and expect Wednesday to run away with the league this season and whilst the performances this term have been disappointing we have been in and around the top six all season and still have 7 games left... It's not over yet and the full autopsy can wait until May ..

The more realistic Wednesday fans didn't get carried away by last seasons overachievement and expect Wednesday to run away with the league this season and whilst the performances this term have been disappointing we have been in and around the top six all season and still have 7 games left... It's not over yet and the full autopsy can wait until May ..

Top 6 was a realistic target, top 2 looked to be a bridge too far but I thought we might push them a little more, a failure to make top 6 would be a disappointment but not a total disaster, I'd expect us to be challenging for top 6 again next season if that's the case.

Wednesday fans are looking for the next Mark Bright and David Hirst line up

2 goals scored in 6 minutes against Manchester United on Boxing day?

Will we ever see those days again?

Rhodes and Winnall, in all honesty I couldn't see them scoring 2 goals in the 1st 6 minutes against Rotherham United this coming Tuesday

Wednesday fans are looking for the next Mark Bright and David Hirst line up

2 goals scored in 6 minutes against Manchester United on Boxing day?

Will we ever see those days again?

Rhodes and Winnall, in all honesty I couldn't see them scoring 2 goals in the 1st 6 minutes against Rotherham United this coming Tuesday

Strikers are only as good as the service into them and at the moment that's not anywhere near good enough.

just had a look at tables and Fulham 12 points out of last 7 games.owls 5 points out of last 7 games.

in my eyes its all 11 players that win points and in this case lose points.

I don't really get what point you are making with this that's the past it's what happens between now and May that counts.

You don't say. Could that be why they've overtaken us? Over to you stats guru. :)

You`ve worked it out mathematician:hihi::hihi:

Good form beats bad form!!

---------- Post added 02-04-2017 at 15:01 ----------

I don't really get what point you are making with this that's the past it's what happens between now and May that counts.

That's correct but owls can`t win an argument at this moment in time so I can`t see a massive turn around in form in this short time that is left of the season.

Although 3 points should be guaranteed against Rotherham that every other team are battering.

Unless they can play with freedom now they are relegated