How likely is it my car will sell?? high mileage 6 series BMW

Full service history is always a good selling point with any car. I personally wont except anything less. Full service history is a sign it's been looked after. Some people think washing it on a Sunday morning fulfills this. Also people tend to up selling points like "Part service history" :loopy: full VOSA (Now DVSA) history, What the hell is that :suspect: don't all cars have DVSA history after 3 years old? Anyway, no, I don't think you will have any problems selling it private, might get a few tyre kickers along the way though. :hihi:

I have always serviced my own cars and I know that they are done with no stone unturned, Engine oil is changed every 5000 miles or six months whichever comes first , this is not replicated in the service manual but i keep all invoices for parts etc.

Some garages inc main dealers call changing the oil and filter then stamping the book a service , as service it is not.

I personally wouldn't pay £4500 for a car with 180k miles. It's on borrowed time now.

Also, you can get a <5 year old 1 series with <75K miles for under £7000 so I'm not sure who's going to buy the examples you found on autotrader.

In fairness someone in the market for a 6 series probably won't be looking a 1series.

I certainly wouldn't try trading it in at a garage, just stick it on eBay with something like a 3 grand reserve price. There is always a buyer for a car like that, in the same way people buy Audis with 200k on the clock; if it's in good condition, it doesn't matter what the clock says when they cruise by their mates stood outside the bookies..

My partner is looking at changing vehicles soon, and has the same quandry. Does he trade it in (simply for ease) and get money off his next vehicle or sell private?

It's a 2L Volkswagen, hardtop convertible, diesel with 126k on the clock last time I looked, 11 years old.

Even if you just submit the reg to webuyanycar and remember that they rip everyone off.

We buy any car have been massivly overpaying for cars at the moment.

I have a couple of friends who used them last year to bump on their totally knackered sheds.

Got well over what the car was worth :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You could get a few more p/x values to compare as well. Even if you just submit the reg to webuyanycar and remember that they rip everyone off.

I got an on line quote from webyeanycar and it said £3000. From what I hear when you turn up they never get anywhere close to the their valuation and just hope you are desperate and take what they offer.

To get more PX prices I need to find cars I want. After driving this for three years I don't want a fiat Panda!

I got an on line quote from webyeanycar and it said £3000. From what I hear when you turn up they never get anywhere close to the their valuation and just hope you are desperate and take what they offer.

To get more PX prices I need to find cars I want. After driving this for three years I don't want a fiat Panda!

The more honest you are the better, they do knock you down abit but if everything is already written down on the quote form they can't knock you down far.

It's finding undeclared damage or issues that people get hit hard for.