Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

What's this place like these days? How does it compare to the Millhouses (Inn/Hotel? - the pub down the road)?

My OH ate there in a fairly big family group and wasn't that impressed tbh. Not sure about Millhouses but she preferred the Robin Hood.

My OH ate there in a fairly big family group and wasn't that impressed tbh. Not sure about Millhouses but she preferred the Robin Hood.

The Angel at Holmesfield or the Peacock at Owler Bar offer far more for your money.

Hi everyone - thank you for all your comments on this thread, I genuinely have sat and read each and everyone to use as knowledge in making this place how it used to be maybe 5-10 years ago.

I know there used to be a great quiz night here on Sundays and Tuesdays, I'm going to start and re-introduce the format that the people of Millhouses used to play some years ago - So starting from 30th November at 9pm, I will be re-introducing the Bingo style quiz format with great prizes to be won with it, if you fancy a bit more fast paced fun you can come in at 8pm and play our warm up Buzzer game, no pens, no cheating, no tie-breaks, its fast fun and addictive.

Also in true Waggon and Horses fashion, were going for the New Years eve fancy dress party, £5 a ticket including a buffet and DJ until late.

Cask Club, every 8th pint is free, this is launching very soon, you get a card which is stamped, every 7 you buy your next one is free. This beats all discounts around on Cask Ales, this can also be used with your CAMRA card which entitles you to 10% off all Cask Ale.

I really am trying to make this place the vibrant go to place it used to be before it was destroyed by Pestos lack of having a bar area - all I ask is that to make this the place it once was is that, give us a try. As a community we can make this place a busy pub again.

Thank you all for your feedback once more and any questions feel free to ask me, via comment or private message.

Stefan - General Manager

---------- Post added 17-11-2014 at 21:45 ----------

You can now bring dogs into our bar area and dine!

Walk in via the main road entrance and turn right, this is our bar area which is dog friendly, we will soon be starting dog meals too, but watch this space for that one! :D

Thank you!

---------- Post added 17-11-2014 at 21:47 ----------

Hi Dan, really sorry to here we didn't meet your expectations, could you possibly drop me your telephone number via PM and we can discuss?

Hopefully get you back down to rectify the problems?

Thanks, Stefan

---------- Post added 17-11-2014 at 21:48 ----------

Thank you, glad you had a good time! :D

Lovely post, Stefan - great to see that you are putting in the time and effort to make a success of your business, and taking constructive criticism on board. You will deffo get my business.

See you soon. :thumbsup:

Saw a tweet from True North saying that they are taking over this place. Opens in Feb!

Sounds promising. If it's anything like there other venues it will do well.

oh god I don't think it sounds promising

oh god I don't think it sounds promising

Quite. No doubt going down the Old House road of charging you £6.20 for a single vodka and Red Bull and not even giving you the full can of Red Bull.

it will be a damn sight better than it is now, judging by the companies other sites it will transform this back to the pub it used to be, decent food will attract decent clientele, not the pile it high sell it cheap muck.

it will be a damn sight better than it is now, judging by the companies other sites it will transform this back to the pub it used to be, decent food will attract decent clientele, not the pile it high sell it cheap muck.

Exactly! At the mo the grill place has a doughnut burger. Looks horrendous. I`m sure the new set up won`t be cheap but cheap doesn`t fit for Millhouses. Hoping for decent food and drinks! :)

Quite. No doubt going down the Old House road of charging you £6.20 for a single vodka and Red Bull and not even giving you the full can of Red Bull.

at least that prices out the estate riff raff that spoils many an sunny summer evening here.

vodka and red bull??? says a lot

at least that prices out the estate riff raff that spoils many an sunny summer evening here.

vodka and red bull??? says a lot

Whats wrong with that as a drink? The whole point is that they arent cheap, not in the slightest. But you carry on with your "scumbags drink scummy drinks" routine, pal.