Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday 26/12/16

top4718

That is correct

However, as someone who has seen Wednesday play in all but 3 of our games this season, I feel my opinion is more valid than a United fan who has seen us play a few times.

Doesn't mean I'll be right. But we're not talking Chelsea v Accrington Stanley here. Many variables determine the result and the championship has shown anyone can beat anyone.

Nothing wrong with you thinking we'll get walloped. But to say no competition in the slightest is just plain wrong. We may dip, we may get hammered. But it's 3 points/1 game. We'll move on to the next one.

Talking of Accrington Stanley, they went bankrupt in 1962 and were thrown out of the Football League for (a) not being able to fulfill their fixtures and (b) the more serious offence of being in debt of 20,000 pounds. (That's twenty thousand pounds) Poor sods, as some now Premier League players may carry that amount in their back pockets ! Thought I'd mention that other than reply to the 'Shoreham Street' people who seem to have an adverse opinion of anything 'Owls'.)

Edited by stpetre
add