US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

It is the last hurrah of the white working class, this election. I got that right. What I didn't get right, was the result of the election itself.

President Trump won't be able to do anything for them. So yes, just like BREXIT.

What I find quite distasteful is an aspect of the media's demographic breakdown of voters, pointing out that most of those without a college degree voted for Trump, and those with one voted for Hillary. What they're inferring is that if you don't have a college degree you're dumb, and if you're dumb you're most likely to vote for Trump. Two things that aren't true at all.

They did the same with the Brexit referendum.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 15:39 ----------

He's not an intellectual and sophisticated person but he wasn't the dumb moron he was made out to be.

So you're saying the media made him look stupid? Do you have anything which shows otherwise?

How do you think your revolution will fare after a couple of years when Trump keeps none of his outlandish promises?

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 12:15 ----------

Well in most cases doing the reverse of what he's promised would probably be good, except that by doing so he undermines democracy itself.

He will shake things up and not fall back on tradition and 'we've always done it this way...'

The world is changing, fast, we need new ways of doing things. Starting with elections. Not so long ago Russell Brand was telling people not to vote, it was a waste of time, democracy is dead, nothing changes etc.

Since then there's been a huge upsurge when people thought it could make a difference. Personally I'd like to see PR voting. We also have to deal with some pretty serious problems like the environment, global warming, Automation and Artificial intelligence, and the monetary system which is still way off kilter and broken.

None of the other politicians seemed able to make much difference, lets see if Trump can, (although I doubt it) He's a fresh pair of eyes. Maybe he can see something the others missed.

Edited by Anna B

He will shake things up and not fall back on tradition and 'we've always done it this way...'

Do you think his views on women and foreigners are "shaking things up" in a good way?

The world is changing, fast, we need new ways of doing things. Starting with elections. Not so long ago Russell Brand was telling people not to vote, it was a waste of time, democracy is dead, nothing changes etc.

Since then there's been a huge upsurge when people thought it could make a difference. Personally I'd like to see PR voting. We also have to deal with some pretty serious problems like the environment, global warming, Automation and Artificial intelligence, and the monetary system which is still way off kilter and broken.

Russel Brand is a complete Muppet. What does it matter what he tells people. The man called his book "My Booky Wook" and followed up with another book later "Booky Wook 2". I'm not kidding. That's what they're actually called. Why on earth would you go to such a complete and total [expletive deleted] for political advice? Seriously.

There's plenty of PR in the world. This ill-defined anti-establishment garbage shows up there too.

Russel Brand is a complete Muppet. What does it matter what he tells people. The man called his book "My Booky Wook" and followed up with another book later "Booky Wook 2". I'm not kidding. That's what they're actually called. Why on earth would you go to such a complete and total [expletive deleted] for political advice? Seriously.

There's plenty of PR in the world. This ill-defined anti-establishment garbage shows up there too.

I like the title of Julian Clary's autobiography....."A young mans passage" :hihi:

Perhaps Trump could ask Brand for some tips about building giant fences to keep undesirables out..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3566611/Russell-Brand-puts-huge-fence-riff-raff.html

The results are only just fully coming in now. He got not not just Wisconsin but Minnesota too. The guy is a genius.

The results are only just fully coming in now. He got not not just Wisconsin but Minnesota too. The guy is a genius.

Just goes to show that these pollsters and commentators, most of whom were dismissing Trump, don't know what they're talking about. There was a lot of silent Trumpers out there, of both genders and all races, that bided their time for the big day.

What? Clinton has won Minnesota.

Hillary Clinton is about to deliver a speech any moment now. BBC1 or Radio 5 live.

Another kick up the backside for the sneering classes, the self proclaimed experts, just like brexit.

Anybody who doesn't agree with them is an idiot.

Probably the best result for the UK after Cameron wheeled out Obama to threaten the UK with being at the back of the queue for trade negotiations in the event of brexit.