US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

Something just isn't right with the current picture. Trump has never been extreme, never been right wing, never supported the Republicans, never seeked public office. He bank rolled Bill Clinton's presidencial campaign, attended their daughters birthday party this year, Clinton's went to his wedding etc...Something just doesn't ring true about what's going on. Perhaps I am too hopeful it's all a rouse and am therefore wilfully blind?

Perhaps he got fed up of giving candidates on the Apprentice a had time, to have a go himself. Hay Ho he won it. Do you think he may set a trend and we are going to see Sugar have a go. :hihi:

Something just isn't right with the current picture. Trump has never been extreme, never been right wing, never supported the Republicans, never seeked public office. He bank rolled Bill Clinton's presidencial campaign, attended their daughters birthday party this year, Clinton's went to his wedding etc...Something just doesn't ring true about what's going on. Perhaps I am too hopeful it's all a rouse and am therefore wilfully blind?

Trump has tried to run for president before but fell at an early stage. 2004?

Trump has tried to run for president before but fell at an early stage. 2004?

I did indeed forget about that! It was for an independent party wasn't it? Ah well, all we can do now is wait and see, much like Brexit. We can predict the end of world but looking out my window right now nothing has changed. I'll still go to the pub on occasion and play with my daughter. I'll still be free to rant on here, wars will still for fought over pointless rubbish, people will still die needlessly. I really don't think anything TRUELY important will change.

.........doubt he's going to bite a live bats head off or execute the Clintons.It will not be a disaster like Brexit won't be in the future...few changes here and there but it will all settle down.

This is just a Sunday school picnic at the side of some of the events in my lifetime.

well theres a lot of inertia in the us government to stop him doing anything truly stupid.

well theres a lot of inertia in the us government to stop him doing anything truly stupid.

As long as he doesn't start a massive war of anything.

Best hope Putin never tweets anything he doesn't like.

Ok, it appears the election wasn't rigged. Happy now? I'm not sure I ever said it was, I said it could be rigged, and I stand by that. Rinzwind provided some very good links as to how it could be done. My original statement I believe was about how people think other countries are capable of cheating, but never their own.

I find your faith in the establishment touching.

The ballots weren't rigged. It wasn't possible. It would involve too many people. The whole notion was just plain stupid.

I find you cynisim and hatred of the pan-global establishment, whoever the hell they are, boring.

Fantastic result for the world.

Following Brexit , this is yet another poke in the eye for the establishment. People have had enough of the same old, same old and want change.

Ok, it appears the election wasn't rigged. Happy now? I'm not sure I ever said it was, I said it could be rigged, and I stand by that. Rinzwind provided some very good links as to how it could be done. My original statement I believe was about how people think other countries are capable of cheating, but never their own.

I find your faith in the establishment touching.

Following Brexit , this is yet another poke in the eye for the establishment. People have had enough of the same old, same old and want change.

Who is this "establishment" at which both of you (from as far as I can tell radically different regions of idealogical parameter spare) are intent on directing so much hatred?

Is it just anybody who doesn't agree with you?

As long as he doesn't start a massive war of anything.

Best hope Putin never tweets anything he doesn't like.

Haha. The republicans hate him and the democrats hate him. He is basically a slightly mad democrat himself. And will probably be a lame duck for 4 years.

Would you have felt the same is Sanders has been elected? Because if your reason for celebration is simply because of poking establishment in the eye (I have to say one which I half concur with) then you'd be happy for Sanders or Corbyn to be elected too wouldn't you?

Who is this "establishment" at which both of you (from as far as I can tell radically different regions of idealogical parameter spare) are intent on directing so much hatred?

Is it just anybody who doesn't agree with you?

I'd guess in Anna's case it's the media, banks and big business. Not career politicians because Corbyn is one.

And in Penny's case the media and anyone more liberal than he is. But chances are even Penny doesn't know what he means.

Edited by Santo