US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

Clinton ensured she got Bernie Sanders out the way so she could lose to a Fascist moron..

If Trump had faced Sanders, he'd have got 400 college votes not 280-90.

Trump may be something of an imbecile, but he's not a fascist and in particular, he's not a moron.

Morons don't get to be elected President of the United States. Especially not when they manage to get elected like this.

Not sure whether he beat 16, or 17 people to get there. All I know is that the last one was called Hilary Rodham Clinton.

Trump may be something of an imbecile, but he's not a fascist and in particular, he's not a moron.

Morons don't get to be elected President of the United States. Especially not when they manage to get elected like this.

Not sure whether he beat 16, or 17 people to get there. All I know is that the last one was called Hilary Rodham Clinton.

He's no Ted Cruz, that's for sure!

Has anyone considered that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton may have been irrelavent when people were casting their votes? lots of people were voting for/against things like Medicaid, pro-life, gun restrictions etc, and the personalities didn't matter.

Has anyone considered that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton may have been irrelavent when people were casting their votes? lots of people were voting for/against things like Medicaid, pro-life, gun restrictions etc, and the personalities didn't matter.

Yeah possibly. I do think though that Clinton was a truly awful choice for the democrats and I do think she lost the election rather than Trump winning it if that makes sense...when your almost sole campaigning point was 'I'm not as bad as the other guy' you are onto a loser.

If I heard correctly just now on the radio, Clinton won the popular vote but not the presidency. That will be only the fifth time that's happened.

She didn't. Trump got more votes than Clinton did. Trump eon so convincingly that it didn't matter that 4-5% of the vote went to independents like Ralph Nader in 2000 cost Gore the election. Trump would have won regardless.

She didn't. Trump got more votes than Clinton did. Trump eon so convincingly that it didn't matter that 4-5% of the vote went to independents like Ralph Nader in 2000 cost Gore the election. Trump would have won regardless.

nope it looks like Clinton got the popular vote by a small margin, votes are still coming in.

However Trump won the Electoral state votes, anomalies in all systems look at ours

You remember GW Bush don't you?

He's not an intellectual and sophisticated person but he wasn't the dumb moron he was made out to be.

Really? Says who? I'm aware Trump got the electoral votes he needed to win, but I didn't think all the popular votes were in yet.

Fun fact

He's the first President of the United States called Donald

Andrew is the most popular

Also a Scottish name. Now all the Golf courses in Britain make sense!

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 15:04 ----------

Yeah I do. He wasn't a moron either especially when he got elected POTUS not once, but twice.

What I find quite distasteful is an aspect of the media's demographic breakdown of voters, pointing out that most of those without a college degree voted for Trump, and those with one voted for Hillary. What they're inferring is that if you don't have a college degree you're dumb, and if you're dumb you're most likely to vote for Trump. Two things that aren't true at all.

If we wanted to make generalisations then the flip side could be that Hillary represents the privileged elite who's family could afford to put them through college!

.........there's plenty of arrogant and dumb people that have been to college and Uni that may have helped Trump to victory too!

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 15:15 ----------

.....the financial markets predicted a huge rise in the gold price if Trump won the race,due to the uncertainty over the future!

This has not happened so the markets are not too unhappy regarding the Trump victory!