The consequence thread (Brexit)

:suspect:

Maybe someone could explain this to me then...

... if the UK is now going to be such a bad place to live, then why would even more migrants want to come here? :huh:

i cant see the migrants living/working here(seeing as we are all doomed) in a rush to get out either funny that :roll:

i cant see the migrants living/working here(seeing as we are all doomed) in a rush to get out either funny that :roll:

Funnily enough,the UK are no hurry to rush out of the EU either,no matter how bad a place it is and how desperate the Brexiters were to get out,Article 50 is still in Daves cupboard gathering dust.........The EU are waiting,get a move on with it.

It's less than 50/50 unless there is a significantly better deal offered by the EU and that's not going to happen.
Considering that the current referendum outcome is only advisory upon Parliament, that a 2nd referendum isn't going to be run, and therefore that the only event which could effectively cancel the current referendum outcome, is the result of a new (just as democratic) GE, wherein the party or collation which campaigns for remain (-after-the-fact) wins it over the stick-to-Brexit party/coalition.

I'm polishing my crystal ball and, in view of Sturgeon's, Javid's and Benn's interviews with Andrew Marr this morning, the mass resignations of Labour's shadow cabinet that are ongoing right now, and the Johnson/Gove overt temporisation the article 50 issue on Friday and since, would predict the following:

Cameron has been busy ringing around since Friday morning on the quiet, putting together cross-party support for a motion of no confidence (which won't be difficult, between the SNP, remain Tories, remain Labours and all the others).

Motion of no confidence to be tabled within 2 weeks I'd say, easy majority win in Parliament, cue new GE called by Cameron.

Tories in full-on civil war by then, infighting still going on for leadership.

Labour in full-on civil war by then, infighting still going on for leadership, just the same.

UKIP left to recycle Leave's rethoric of the past 6 months, of which the electorate is now much more wary, (besides the "Brexit regret" factor, which is non-trivial it seems, based on the apparent number of voters who used their vote as a protest vote).

LibDems have free reign to transcend all 3 on their remain platform (they have cleaner-than-clean hands), as have campaigning remain Tory/Labour MPs.

Cameron caretakes No.10 in the meantime, so the article 50 letter doesn't get put in.

GE win for remain candidates, the electorate has spoken again and now changed its collective mind, away goes the 'Leave' referendum, UK remains in EU.

Still, the UK won't come out of this intact, with the EU members or the rest of the world. It would be successful damage control, not statu quo ante.

Edited by L00b

Funnily enough,the UK are no hurry to rush out of the EU either,no matter how bad a place it is and how desperate the Brexiters were to get out,Article 50 is still in Daves cupboard gathering dust.........The EU are waiting,get a move on with it.

funny that the gov not doing what the people want eh:roll:

would you like them all to go?

anyway they will have notice to give, tickets to buy, removal vans to hire

and when they have all gone, who will do the work they did?

Considering that the current referendum outcome is only advisory upon Parliament, that a 2nd referendum isn't going to be run, and therefore that the only event which could effectively cancel the current referendum outcome, is the result of a new (just as democratic) GE, wherein the party or collation which campaigns for remain (-after-the-fact) wins it over the stick-to-Brexit party/coalition.

I'm polishing my crystal ball and, in view of Sturgeon's, Javid's and Benn's interviews with Andrew Marr this morning, the mass resignations of Labour's shadow cabinet that are ongoing right now, and the Johnson/Gove overt temporisation the article 50 issue on Friday and since, would predict the following:

Cameron has been busy ringing around since Friday morning on the quiet, putting together cross-party support for a motion of no confidence (which won't be difficult, between the SNP, remain Tories, remain Labours and all the others).

Motion of no confidence to be tabled within 2 weeks I'd say, easy majority win in Parliament, cue new GE called by Cameron.

Tories in full-on civil war by then, infighting still going on for leadership, and of course Cameron caretakes No.10 in the meantime.

Labour in full-on civil war by then, infighting still going on for leadership, just the same.

UKIP left to recycle Leave's rethoric of the past 6 months, of which the electorate is now much more wary.

LibDems have free reign to transcend both on their remain platform, as have campaigning remain Tory/Labour MPs.

GE win for remain candidates, the electorate has spoken again and now changed its collective mind, away goes the 'Leave' referendum, UK remains in EU.

Still, the UK won't come out of this intact, with the EU members or the rest of the world. It would be successful damage control, not statu quo ante.

whats the lottery numbers for next week in this crystal ball of yours :hihi:

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 10:19 ----------

would you like them all to go?

anyway they will have notice to give, tickets to buy, removal vans to hire

and when they have all gone, who will do the work they did?

no just the ones who are here taking from the pot and not contributing:roll:

The problem with your scenario is that all this would take time we don't have and puts layers of uncertainty over the existing layers.

The existing parties would need to cobble together some sort of leader, a manifesto and a negotiating position with no idea how much of that would be realistically possible to deliver.

It would be a distraction which neither us nor the eu want or need.

Tories in full-on civil war by then, infighting still going on for leadership.

UKIP left to recycle Leave's rethoric of the past 6 months, of which the electorate is now much more wary, (besides the "Brexit regret" factor, which is non-trivial it seems, based on the apparent number of voters who used their vote as a protest vote).

LibDems have free reign to transcend all 3 on their remain platform (they have cleaner-than-clean hands), as have campaigning remain Tory/Labour MPs.

Cameron caretakes No.10 in the meantime, so the article 50 letter doesn't get put in.

You might like this: https://waitingfortax.com/2016/06/24/when-i-say-no-i-mean-maybe/

funny that the gov not doing what the people want eh:roll:

Yeah,who would have thought that the EU devils that you know are more preferable to the UK ones you don't.:D

I suspect Herr Junker will be out on his ear before too long. His tenure at the EU has, as predicted, been a total disaster.

I note Angela Merkel is already giving him some stick.

Sadly it was probably the appointment of Junker that broke the camel’s back with Britain's membership of the EU, and unless he is chained in he will oversee the destruction of the Euro and the disintegration of the EU.

The man is a total England hating fool. His idea of repercussions will impact on the European economy just as hard as any impact on the UK and will also warn the remaining states just what sort of a club they are in. One where the man in charge will hurt the member's interests just to fight his personal vendetta.

Funnily enough the Nazi's had a bomber called Junkers. There are bits of hundreds of them scattered all across Britain after Hitlers attempt at defeating Britain.

no just the ones who are here taking from the pot and not contributing:roll:

ok, so what do we do with the natives who are doing that?

and that really doesn't offer any encouragement for those who are contributing to stay or those wanting to come and contribute to come

ok, so what do we do with the natives who are doing that?

and that really doesn't offer any encouragement for those who are contributing to stay or those wanting to come and contribute to come

i think the gov has allready being seen to be doing something about the natives in getting them back to work (sanctions etc if they not taking up jobs) you lost me on the offer any encouragement bit are you now saying the migrants working here now dont want to stay? are you happy in just letting anyone into the country?