The consequence thread (Brexit)

Let's remember we have never been subject to the real facts on the economy, just spin, downright lies, smoke and mirrors and a wholy Londoncentric view which bore no relation to other regions.

true but there are no real facts on the economy

who knows how things will go, it depends on so much

will we be able to negotiate a good deal with the eu

will scotland go?

will northern ireland go?

will gibralter go?

will other countries still want to deal with us?

will the economic and political crisis the brexiters have unleashed spook the markets to the extent no one will lend us money any more.......

perhaps the warning from the remain camp were not spin but accurate predictions.....

The problem with your scenario is that all this would take time we don't have and puts layers of uncertainty over the existing layers.

The existing parties would need to cobble together some sort of leader, a manifesto and a negotiating position with no idea how much of that would be realistically possible to deliver.

It would be a distraction which neither us nor the eu want or need.

But there'd be no need of a negotiating position, just a common interest in quietly forgetting all talk of article 50.

and in other news, it could well be that the devolved assemblies and parliaments would have to give legislative consent to any bill extracting the uk from the eu.

some laws require consent from the devolved bodies before they can be enacted

the scotland act includes an explicit clause requiring the scottish parliament to act in compliance with eu law and apparantly while not an explicit requirement, the european communities act is embedded in the equivalent welsh and northern ireland legislation.

It's clutching at straws. Do you think the Welsh will go against their own people?

Do you think Scotland will ignore democracy? They would be a laughing stock. The SNP do not have a majority anyway.

In other news 39000 people have signed the moronic second referendum petition from Vatican city. Population 800....

But there'd be no need of a negotiating position, just a common interest in quietly forgetting all talk of article 50.

possibly though i dont think mr farage and his chums will let us forget it

maybe we could buy him off, we need a new eu commissioner.....

I didn't say anything of the sort, stop with your straw man arguments. You called him a proven liar, I asked you to provide an example. You tried to do so but I pointed out correctly that yours was a false example. It has nothing to do with the wider issue of honesty in politics.

Do you have an example of him being a liar? If not then you should remove your comment from this thread as it is libellous and rude.

Ok, I'll change it to "dishonest Nigel Farage" if you think it's more accurate.

You're not the type of person/immigrant/migrant that Brexiters have a problem with at all. You didn't come over here as part of some 400 strong group on the invite of some Turkey Twizzler packing factory. You're an educated, skilled individual person that we want to welcome into this country.

but thats the problem, you are now forever linked with people who DO NOT diffrentiate. they have won

It's clutching at straws. Do you think the Welsh will go against their own people?

Do you think Scotland will ignore democracy? They would be a laughing stock. The SNP do not have a majority anyway.

the welsh assembly would probably support it, the position in scotland and northen ireland is different since the people there voted to remain.

i'm not a constitutional lawyer so i've no idea if they can or would be able to block things but it adds another level of mess to the mess

In other news 39000 people have signed the moronic second referendum petition from Vatican city. Population 800....

who cares, i really don't know why people are obsessing about this

the consequences of brexit (i voted out) is, we are not geared up for it, what we NEED in the civil service now more than anything is, highly skilled trade negotiators, we have only about twenty at the moment we need at an absolute minimum of well over one hundred to get the new orders for England to survive and prosper.

Also "i never thought i would live to hear me say this" we need a very very good p.m who can negotiate the best deal for England. Some one like "Margret Thatcher" Who have we got.

Without the above i am very pessimistic.

how about "politician Nigel Farage"?

how about "politician Nigel Farage"?

Oh surely he's not that bad is he?

It's pretty much the same thing. Could you tell me when you think he has been dishonest please?