The consequence thread (Brexit)

Also "i never thought i would live to hear me say this" we need a very very good p.m who can negotiate the best deal for England. Some one like "Margret Thatcher" Who have we got.

at the minute no one....

though there is a decent chance that the next one will be theresa may, at least she will be nominally the same gender.

i'm considering spending the £25 and joining the conservative party so i can at least have a say in who will be the next pm.

Without the above i am very pessimistic.

i'm so pleased you thought about the consequences of your vote before you cast it.

the consequences of brexit (i voted out) is, we are not geared up for it, what we NEED in the civil service now more than anything is, highly skilled trade negotiators, we have only about twenty at the moment we need at an absolute minimum of well over one hundred to get the new orders for England to survive and prosper.

Also "i never thought i would live to hear me say this" we need a very very good p.m who can negotiate the best deal for England. Some one like "Margret Thatcher" Who have we got.

Without the above i am very pessimistic.

Not only do you need civil service trade negotiators,you need others to go through 80,000 pages of EU law and decide which ones they are ditching,and which ones are keepers.

A quick question to people:

You are now the new conservative Prime Minister...

What would you do?

Not only do you need civil service trade negotiators,you need others to go through 80,000 pages of EU law and decide which ones they are ditching,and which ones are keepers.

oh thats easy, they will keep all the bananas are bent laws and ditch all the employment / human rights legelslation, then theyll bring back the workhouses.

an interesting take on it in the guardian comments, no idea how true it is, suppose we'll find out sooner or later.

The Tory party won't have a problem finding someone willing to take the job of PM and invoking Article 50.

at the minute no one....

though there is a decent chance that the next one will be theresa may, at least she will be nominally the same gender.

i'm considering spending the £25 and joining the conservative party so i can at least have a say in who will be the next pm.

i'm so pleased you thought about the consequences of your vote before you cast it.

My Bold

Thank you, yes i did, and i do think there is a way out. For the good of England,

i did not vote as the ukip meps, Turkey voting for

Christmas.

Also i have just heard on the news that Scotland CAN veto our exit from the e.u. Not over yet then?

My Bold

Thank you, yes i did, and i do think there is a way out. For the good of England,

Christmas.

Also i have just heard on the news that Scotland CAN veto our exit from the e.u. Not over yet then?

Well if nicola sturgeon goes on about how Scotland will remain in the EU if independent, then she should not contradict herself and veto it.

Well if nicola sturgeon goes on about how Scotland will remain in the EU if independent, then she should not contradict herself and veto it.

thats not contradicting anything.

IF the UK leaves the EU Scotland will want to be independent to stay in the EU.

BUT

Scotland can veto the breakaway from the EU so they wouldnt need to go independent

Also i do think there is a good case for a coalition government to see us through this.

Governments can and do change in this country, which is not good in these circumstances in negotiations of the highest level.

thats not contradicting anything.

IF the UK leaves the EU Scotland will want to be independent to stay in the EU.

BUT

Scotland can veto the breakaway from the EU so they wouldnt need to go independent

She should veto it then draw a line under it. :)

My Bold

Christmas.

She said today a veto is possible however the plan is to do all she can to represent Scotland.

Why would she veto it and cause the **** storm that would follow? She's not stupid. She is just doing her job as leader of the SNP.

They are not going to veto it. 40% of scots still backed brexit.

the quick answer is that we keep all the eu laws. most of them really aren't that bad and starting to fiddle with them in the current climate is really not going to help matters.

clearly some ammendments will be needed to restrict free movement and the reach of the euriopean court of justice but the limits of what we do is going to be determined by the results of our negotiations.

you get a team of mid ranking civil servants on the next shuttle to Brussels and start working on the following:

security cooperation

reasonable access to the single market

commitments to funding long term projects

cooperation on environmental matters

cooperation on foreign policy issues

taking joint or similar positions on certain matters

the various refugee problems

common regulations and agreements such as patents, there are hundreds of these little bits and pieces

having loob sent back so he can suffer with us

as we tick these off, make the necessary changes to domestic laws

easy really :)