New speed camera on Penistone Road?

As soon as people realise there are no cameras on that stretch it will be back up to 35 - 40 for most drivers (outside busy times).

I think some of the signs are pretty new - certainly can't remember seeing the one on the central reservation before today.

It`s a novel idea/thought but could it be more drivers are now OBEYING the speed limit on this road??:hihi: (taxis excepted)

If you read the OP they speed up again (breaking the speed limit) after this section, so a sudden desire to drive slowly on a good dual carriageway is probably not what's happening.

Speed camera software installed in your vehicle will tell you there is a mobile speed camera site opposite Wickes. I have seen a mobile speed camera van there although not that often.

I have cyclops installed on my phone. Quite accurate with locations and only 2.99 a year.

And might I ask why you have a devise that seems to tell you were speed cameras are?

And might I assume you use these to avoid paying fines?

And might I ask why you have a devise that seems to tell you were speed cameras are?

Yes you can ask althuogh I consider you a bit nosey!

Yes I got caught by a speed camera in Stoke on a stretch of road I was unfamiliar with and got 3 points and £100 fine. So I have got Cyclops to avoid the upset, anger and financial penalty of getting flashed again.

So easy on unfamiliar roads. Makes sense to me, a device that tells me of the speed limit and better still if I have gone over it. The constant dinging can get on your nerves.

I won't be answering any more questions.

Happy to tell you that my Sat Nav also gives advance warning of these yellow revenue collecting monstrosities. Yipeeeeeeeeee. Forgot to say, it also has the facility to allow me to report any of these money collecting devices that the TOMTOM does not have on its maps. A double Yipeeeeeeee.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

I have one too. there so you know when to slow down to the speed limits before you get to the camera.

They save you a fortune in fines

Might I ask why you can't simply drive at the speed limits?

Then you won't need these devices

On a A road like the A57 I drive at 40mph and yet I never encounter traffic jams

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 21:42 ----------

Yes you can ask althuogh I consider you a bit nosey!

Yes I got caught by a speed camera in Stoke on a stretch of road I was unfamiliar with and got 3 points and £100 fine. So I have got Cyclops to avoid the upset, anger and financial penalty of getting flashed again.

So easy on unfamiliar roads. Makes sense to me, a device that tells me of the speed limit and better still if I have gone over it. The constant dinging can get on your nerves.

I won't be answering any more questions.

SO its fair to say if you hadn't been driving too fast you would not have been fined?

Slow down then

Might I ask why you can't simply drive at the speed limits?

Then you won't need these devices

On a A road like the A57 I drive at 40mph and yet I never encounter traffic jams

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 21:42 ----------

SO its fair to say if you hadn't been driving too fast you would not have been fined?

Slow down then

Its the drivers behind you who suffer the traffic jams due to you holding them up.