Sheffield is among the worse bad language towns.

I always thought that Londoners were the most uncouth citizens with swearing used in almost every other Word.

But! according to a recent survey the worse bad language used on a daily basis is in our local area with Sheffield .

Leeds and Derby being the main culprits.

Now I have got used to hearing the fffffff's and cccccc's in all places around our City and I no longer get my self into trouble by telling people to button it but it has still come as a shock to find that our City is near the top of this backward trend in the use of every day conversation.

What do you expect. It's a northern city, people punctuate with the F word.

Wrong. The majority of people do NOT punctuate with the f word. Only the ill mannered people with a low command of our language use these words. Most intelligent people can express themselves without resorting to swearing.

Bloody hell, some people really need to get out more. I work in an office for a global technology company. Everybody swears. Young people, old people, my boss, the student placement guys, everybody. It's just part of the English language.

And every other language in the world.

Wrong. The majority of people do NOT punctuate with the f word. Only the ill mannered people with a low command of our language use these words. Most intelligent people can express themselves without resorting to swearing.

If being a northerner is not an impediment enough, you appear to have no sense of humor too :hihi:

Swearing is a great part of our language, it is very versatile and can serve for emphasis or pause as well as insult. It always seems to me that it is dullards and bores who take issue with a bit of Anglo-Saxon thrown into the rich mix of language.

Really! and what do you base this on?