Sheffield is among the worse bad language towns.

Bloody hell, some people really need to get out more. I work in an office for a global technology company. Everybody swears. Young people, old people, my boss, the student placement guys, everybody. It's just part of the English language.

And every other language in the world.

I am glad that I do not work in your office :o

I am glad that I do not work in your office :o

Me too Glennis. Where I worked it was a disciplinary offence. It shows that the workforce especially the boss have no business standards. The people on here who calling me boring and a dullard I suppose are the ones who use excessive foul language. I am not clever, I do not have a degree but I can express myself without resorting to offensive language and it is offensive to a lot of people. It shows a marked lack of respect for themselves and other people.

Bloody hell, some people really need to get out more. I work in an office for a global technology company. Everybody swears. Young people, old people, my boss, the student placement guys, everybody. It's just part of the English language.

And every other language in the world.

Exactly the same in mine. All these people commenting about low command of language or low intelligence are hugely mistaken.

Its part of language. I work for a large corporate law firm and people around here swear like Dockers.

As the great Billy Connolly once said..... sometimes "shoo" and "go away" just wont do.

Can we have a source to this survey, please?

Exactly the same in mine. All these people commenting about low command of language or low intelligence are hugely mistaken.

Its part of language. I work for a large corporate law firm and people around here swear like Dockers.

As the great Billy Connolly once said..... sometimes "shoo" and "go away" just wont do.

"Swear like dockers" and you're proud of it? But there again "The great Billy Connolly" says a lot about your standards doesn't it?

That's the corporate world for you, glad I am not part of it. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 25-04-2016 at 13:30 ----------

Me too Glennis. Where I worked it was a disciplinary offence. It shows that the workforce especially the boss have no business standards. The people on here who calling me boring and a dullard I suppose are the ones who use excessive foul language. I am not clever, I do not have a degree but I can express myself without resorting to offensive language and it is offensive to a lot of people. It shows a marked lack of respect for themselves and other people.

I just don't want to keep hearing it. I am not about to have a nuclear meltdown, but I something I can live without - shows you have little respect for others in my opinion.

Yes! I was about to quote the same. "If there's an equivalent to **** off I'll happily use it. It certainly isn't Go away!"

Are you not going to bother to link to the survery in question?

Dun't any one ever believe owt on here.:help:

Page 4 todays I newspaper:

---------- Post added 25-04-2016 at 15:31 ----------

Using my best searching technique but can't find any "recent survey".

BBC 2014 where Cleveland and Redcar come top best I can find.

OP, care to link us in to the relevant survey?

Page four I newspaper.

Dun't any one ever believe owt on here.:help:

Page 4 todays I newspaper:

Nope... Never :D

So has the opening poster made this survey up?

:help::help::help::help::help::help:

:help::help::help::help::help::help:

Its usually polite to quote sources, did you not go to University?