Almost £4b more in cuts coming in the budget.

ah now its coming out you just like the rest of the tax avoiding lot who thinks its ok to pay nowt :roll:. well done :gag:

Ah you are just like the rest of the Trotskyites. We submit a tax return, fully audited by a chartered accountant, and you still aren't happy. Then you go and pay a bloke cash in hand to rewire your kitchen.

I suspect we pay rather more tax than you do.

Actually I believe the chartered accountant who prepares our financial statement. I wouldn't expect you to have a clue.

---------- Post added 14-03-2016 at 13:54 ----------

Perhaps we should have started earlier.

Perhaps. Not much we can do about it now. The current government can do something about their tax avoiding practices though (but chooses not to do an awful lot).

Ah you are just like the rest of the Trotskyites. We submit a tax return, fully audited by a chartered accountant, and you still aren't happy. Then you go and pay a bloke cash in hand to rewire your kitchen.

I suspect we pay rather more tax than you do.

rewire my kitchen :o:o:o lets just rephrase that foxy you submit a tax return filled in by someone who knows all the loopholes on how little you can get away with :roll: lets just imagine if all the workers of the uk had that same perk and where would we be then :suspect:.

Not so I'm afraid.

Ireland has long had higher income taxation relative to the UK, and in 2010 was taxing income at 20% from the first €1 earned plus higher rate of 41% kicking in at between €32k and €41k (threshold acc. to married/single, kids/not), plus the tax credits cut and the new levies which were effectively stealth income tax increases (higher rate on PAYE employees and PRSI, notably).

At the material time, 2010 (and still, to an extent), it was beyond eye watering: UK, US, Kiwi and Aussie firms were all hoovering up Irish professionals fleeing Lenihan's fiscal persecution.

Man, was I glad we'd left the place in 2008 (until which year I had been paying high rate income tax there, and since which year I have been paying high rate income tax here).

Ireland's top rate of income tax is 40% and that's the discussion. Overall taxation is a slightly different subject.

rewire my kitchen :o:o:o lets just rephrase that foxy you submit a tax return filled in by someone who knows all the loopholes on how little you can get away with :roll:lets just imagine if all the workers of the uk had that same perk and where would we be then :suspect:.

No. Let's rephrase it. We have tax returns filled in by chartered accountants who verify to the revenue that the amount of tax we are paying is correct. It is a service that is open to all, even you.

Some folk prefer to fill in their tax return and miss out a few key items and avoid paying tax. But a chartered accountant is a person trusted by the tax authorities to verify the accounts, hence the "chartered".

How top 3,000 earners pay more tax than bottom 9 million

The figures show that the very highest earners - amounting to just under 3,000 people with a declared income above £2.7 million - will contribute 4.2 per cent of the total Government revenue from income tax in the current financial year.

By contrast, Britain’s nine million poorest paid workers contribute less than four per cent of the total income tax receipt.

Thank god for fat cats and bankers.

No. Let's rephrase it. We have tax returns filled in by chartered accountants who verify to the revenue that the amount of tax we are paying is correct. It is a service that is open to all, even you.

Some folk prefer to fill in their tax return and miss out a few key items and avoid paying tax. But a chartered accountant is a person trusted by the tax authorities to verify the accounts, hence the "chartered".

how many paye workers do you know who have these then :roll: