Classic cars needed for Stannington Carnival

Take you all day to deliver that lot to Stannington. Either that or you need your own fleet of drivers

Take you all day to deliver that lot to Stannington. Either that or you need your own fleet of drivers

Or a classic car transporter

A large car transporter

Don't mean to be rude, but are carnival goers going to be interested in a load of old Fiestas?

Of course they are. Who wouldn't be. Everbody grew up around someone who had a Fiesta!

Don't mean to be rude, but are carnival goers going to be interested in a load of old Fiestas?

You would be suprised, there are many people interested in 70's & 80's cars, those cars that were once so common but no longer seen on our roads today, I can't even think the last time I'd seen a MK1 Fiesta on the road.

I have an 1988 MG Metro Turbo, I take it to shows and lots of people stop and look inside and out, ask me loads of questions, many say they used to have one years ago and wish they still had it etc.

I always get asked at shows if I would be interested in selling my car, I could have sold it 100's of times over, but it's not for sale, its mine, its a unique piece of brithish motoring history and it's something different.

Im sure most 70's and 80's classic owners will agree with me and I cant see the interest in old fiestas being any different, Infact I wouldn't mind a MK1 or MK2 XR2 myself which again are becoming rare sights on our roads, I have many memories of being raced by XR2's.

Thanks for the replies. I'll get back to the organisers and give her an indication of what cars people are willing to show.

All MK I Fiesta owners here, I think we should all show up and show the "proper" classics they have some competition from some of the 'modern' classics.....be like Fiesta in the park event.....a great collection of Mk I's to be seen there.......

We'll definately be there with our "modern classics".

Phylis, is you see either a GOLD MK I X or W reg about in S6, 10, 11 or town, its ME so give us a toot!!! I always wave at all other MK I's I see.......precious few these days though......

Think I've seen you kicking around in Broomhill before.

I always give other Mk1's a flash (of the lights) and a toot. Only know a of a couple of other MK1's at this end of town (S7, S11, S17) a yellow one(with Killing Joke written in the back window) and a green one rotting away in someone's back garden. So don't see too many over here.

I dont see any others over here either....seen a Y reg red one in Crosspool earlier this year...and thats it.....we are unique.......all have all gone to the great resting places.......