Alcohol being sold in schools

Alcohol impairs your judgment, even in small amounts, that is why some want a zero limit.

I reckon my parenting judgement (that's what's in discussion here isn't it?) isn't impaired after one bottle of beer..I have a 27 and a 25 year old both graduates,never been in bother with the police,as evidence. Your turn .... :)

One bottle of Budweiser is enough to tip you over the legal alcohol driving limit, so yes you could be classed as drunk while driving which is why that limit was set.

Highly unlikely.

Google seems to think that for an average man, two pints of average strength lager is enough to go over the limit.

Bud is 4.8%, a little on the stronger side, but a standard bottle is only about 2/3rds of a pint.

So it would be a very unusual person that was over the drink drive limit after 1 bottle.

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 14:52 ----------

If the school had been selling tea and coffee, I dont think that I would have complained.

You think its ok to be a little bit drunk, when you are parenting a child; would 1-2 bottles be ok, but 3-4 not ok?

Perhaps it is like driving, 1-2 bottles is ok, but some want a zero limit?

Are you proposing that parents shouldn't have a drink from the day their child is born until 18 years later?

Or were you assuming that both parents weren't at the play, or if they were they were both having a beer?

Or are you just being ridiculous now?

If the school had been selling tea and coffee, I dont think that I would have complained.

You think its ok to be a little bit drunk, when you are parenting a child; would 1-2 bottles be ok, but 3-4 not ok?

Perhaps it is like driving, 1-2 bottles is ok, but some want a zero limit?

What if your child was the member of drama club and put on a production at a community centre, village hall or small theatre? Would you have a beer then?

Google seems to think that for an average man, two pints of average strength lager is enough to go over the limit.

Bud is 4.8%, a little on the stronger side, but a standard bottle is only about 2/3rds of a pint.

So, you would only sell alcohol which wouldn't affect a parents behaviour?

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 15:20 ----------

What if your child was the member of drama club and put on a production at a community centre, village hall or small theatre? Would you have a beer then?

Probably not.

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 15:23 ----------

Or are you just being ridiculous now?

It has never been just about the alcohol.

Would you be happy to attend a school function, and there was no soft drinks available, just lager and bitter?

Probably not.

Would you be happy to attend a school function, and there was no soft drinks available, just lager and bitter?

Strawman alert!

What?

Oh, right. So previously in the thread, ideally in the opening post, you can point to it being about something other than alcohol?

I'd be happy to attend one with no refreshments at all. I can always bring a beer with me. :roll:

Probably not.

?

Would you complain to the community centre* or theatre?

* community centres are often used for playgroups and things.**think of the kiddiewinks klaxon!**

What?

Oh, right. So previously in the thread, ideally in the opening post, you can point to it being about something other than alcohol?

I'd be happy to attend one with no refreshments at all. I can always bring a beer with me. :roll:

Read the opening post, I mentioned the lack of tea.