Chris Wilder will be at the Lane next season.

The only thing that will see things improve at the Lane is a steady approach. Getting rid of a proven manager YET AGAIN will just result in continued turmoil in that squad. Look at Clough now with a much smaller team? If anybody still thinks the issue at United is linked to the manager than they need a serious head-check.

Clough may be doing well at what you call a 'smaller' club but don't forget Burton were already top of the league when he took over.

I don't agree with getting rid of any manager in such a short space of time as they need time to bring together their own team. Its not the manager out there on the pitch for 90 minutes. Yes they provide the players with the relevant instructions and formations but as has been seen with United, half of the players just don't give a damn about how well they are playing, just as long as they are still getting paid. In a normal work environment, if you were underperforming you would be given the sack or a warning. In football its the Manager who too often pays for the players performance. Look at how far Chelsea have fallen this season. Did Mourinho turn rubbish overnight? Did Hazard forget how to play all of a sudden?

I'd give Adkins one more season. Let him bring in the players he feels are needed. Yes I know he's brought in other players that have underperformed but maybe they don't feel they should be playing with heart if players that have been here a while just can't be bothered. Its not helped matters when you get players like Baxter apologising through the media for the teams performance and then finding out he's failed a drug test. Adkins and the players have constantly been in the media apologising or stating United are a big club. Its about time they focussed on matters on the pitch and not making excuses for their lowly position.

It's all getting ridiculous now. United have chopped and changed too many managers over the last 10 years. Wednesday went through a similar scenario back in the days of Jewell, Wilson, Pleat, etc. They now look to have got a manager that focuses on how the team performs and not how the opposition are going to play. If other clubs want to come to Bramall Lane and treat it as a big game, then let them. United need to focus on how they perform, stop thinking about how their opponents are going to play and just get on with winning again.

I'm sorry to say, I wouldn't allow the United Board to choose my breakfast cereal. NOT because of their choice of manager, but because of their lack of loyalty towards anyone they appoint. They wouldn't be happy with Carlos Carvalhal, and would probably have moved him on after this first 6 weeks.

I'm not sure it's Adkins' fault that the team are performing so poorly.

I personally don't think it is.

It's the players who go over the white line, and I reckon that the attitude of the majority of 'em stinks.

Wilson was United's best manager for years, but he was moved on, and Clough didn't deserve the sack either.

Give Adkins time and things should improve.

I'm not sure when United will be promoted. It could be years yet.

No club has the right to get out of the League, it has to be earned.

Some Blades players got close to it, and then were denied their manager by some very strange Board decisions.

The players ARE good enough, their attitude however, isn't.

There must be a very bad culture at the club if you have a huge squad and nobody wants to play for you, in SG's days and before that Brian Laws the Owls had zero funds but the team spirit carried them through.

It certainly makes you wonder where all the resentment of the club by the playing staff stems from. Its going to take a long time and some big decisions to turn this one round.

It certainly makes you wonder where all the resentment of the club by the playing staff stems from. Its going to take a long time and some big decisions to turn this one round.

I don't think the whole squad resent the club but there are divisions within the squad, that's quite clear. Imo, the big decision is whether the board see through the idiots who are calling for Adkins to be sacked and keep him on. Get rid of as many players he can in the summer and start over building his team.

I don't think they will sack Adkins and I'm sure they know that if they did, we would be back to square one again.

I don't think the whole squad resent the club but there are divisions within the squad, that's quite clear. Imo, the big decision is whether the board see through the idiots who are calling for Adkins to be sacked and keep him on. Get rid of as many players he can in the summer and start over building his team.

I don't think they will sack Adkins and I'm sure they know that if they did, we would be back to square one again.

I agree, I'm totally against the constant sacking of managers, Adkins has a decent track record and can't be expected to change things in less than a season with (mostly) someone elses players.

I agree, I'm totally against the constant sacking of managers, Adkins has a decent track record and can't be expected to change things in less than a season with (mostly) someone elses players.

I wish some United fans had this view, too many are calling for Adkins head on a spike. I hold my hands up, he has made some questionable decisions but the main reason is the below average squad he inherited.

cant see utd can afford to sack Adkins and pay off his contract to then appoint another boss .

to be honest id say utd have missed a trick with letting Morgan go , but that's just my opinion

to be honest id say utd have missed a trick with letting Morgan go , but that's just my opinion

True but he was working with the kids, a short move to Chesterfield with an ex manager Morgan liked in a higher role at the club is hard to turn down.

Speaking of a squad that is below average is totally wrong, the squad we have now is not all that different from the squad that failed to go up last year by one goal.

Speaking of a squad that is below average is totally wrong, the squad we have now is not all that different from the squad that failed to go up last year by one goal.

Two goals, surely. :)

Add to that,the likes of Bristol city,Preston and Mk have gone,and Swindon havent been anything like competative and youd have thought utd would have been right in the mix for auto.

Dispensed with Clough too early.

Still not out of the POs though,theres still plenty to play for.

It is actually worse than that,because most people would agree that this seasons tin pot is the worse quality one for years,this being so,a 5th place finish last season allied to a drop in quality of the league this season,would mean that simply maintaining last seasons form should have brought us into a position where we should have been in with a good chance of automatic,simply on the lesser quality in the division from last season.

It's worked for teams like Coventry and Gillingham and even Burton,all who have come from below us last season,to be in with a chance of going up for most of the season,but it's not worked for us,because while the league has got worse,we've got worse with it