Which was the first pub you ever got served in!!

Byron House, Nether Edge and Stag Psalter Lane following weekend later. Was just turning 15!

Perhaps also for fun we could have a 'first pub refused service in', mine was a pub on Penistone Road near the park and not even an Owl's match day as I looked too young (I was 23 !) and on another site, some lad refused for kissing his girl friend on the way in !

As part of my research I thought it would be interesting to hear peoples memories of that glorious moment when you walk in a pub and get successfully order an alcoholic drink for the first time! In my case it was The Globe one month before my 16th birthday. It was also the only time I visited the pub when it was in its original 4 room configuration. I had a pint of Stones and it went down well!

omg thats the first pub i went in. i was 14 , bought half a pint of beer 6d in old money and a bag of beef crisp ,also played on pinball machines in corner of front room, 1970. landlord asked me my age ,just told him i was 18

Lol, surely you mean 11p or both you and Trophy are a lot older than I thought. :)

Wasn't 'Trophy' a Whitbread beer ?

Sun Inn on South Street, Park District, I was 10yrs old I used to go for my Nan with a jug and tea towel to cover it up. Colin Hardy was the Landlord back then. Alan p.

The Blue Boar pub WestBar. In the 5os, to listen to Trad Jazz. Was about 16.

The Law Courts now occupy the site.

Wasn't 'Trophy' a Whitbread beer ?

Yes it was and I hated the stuff, would have a couple of sips and keep topping up with a bottle of Gold Label, or just order a black and tan. Trouble was some of the pubs I liked had beer that I hated ie Trophy and Sam Smiths.