Facebook,Instagram and guns..

Will 'social media' interfere and/or hinder progress?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will 'social media' interfere and/or hinder progress?

• Yes it will hinder, the might of the NRA will come out blazing from the hip.
    • No, it will begin the tide of common sense and reason.

nothing wrong with legally held guns?? a great many people enjoy using them safely for sport and game, myself included. you dont get a licence unless you are squeaky clean.

You're confusing the UK with the US.

UK gun ownership (like a lot of the world) is not a problem. US gun ownership is quite clearly a problem, unless you're okay with massacres in schools taking place on a regular basis.

Facebook and Instagram are US companies, and the small amount of pressure that they can apply is aimed at the US situation (although I doubt they will achieve anything).

Edited by Cyclone

You're confusing the UK with the US.

UK gun ownership (like a lot of the world) is not a problem. US gun ownership is quite clearly a problem, unless you're okay with massacres in schools taking place on a regular basis.

Facebook and Instagram are US companies, and the small amount of pressure that they can apply is aimed at the US situation (although I doubt they will achieve anything).

No not at all, lunatics will get hold of a gun if they really want one, you cant legislate against looneys, look at the paris attacks?? would tighter gun laws change that? NO!

yes FB and Instagram are us companies but there stance is a fairly cynical one? have you seen some of the stuff they allow on their sites? and no you are right they wont achieve anything.

No not at all, lunatics will get hold of a gun if they really want one, you cant legislate against looneys, look at the paris attacks?? would tighter gun laws change that? NO!

yes FB and Instagram are us companies but there stance is a fairly cynical one? have you seen some of the stuff they allow on their sites? and no you are right they wont achieve anything.

I couldn't get hold a an illegal gun in this country. Could you?

I couldn't get hold a an illegal gun in this country. Could you?

yes very easily and so could you:roll: most major cities have areas where pretty much anything can be bought for a price, Manchester for one, Cheetham Hill area not much that cant be bought there.

Edited by Dubaidani13

yes very easily and so could you:roll: most major cities have areas where pretty much anything can be bought for a price, Manchester for one, Cheetham Hill area not much that cant be bought there.

So a bloke from out of town can amble into cheetham hill and make a few enquiries about how to get a gun and the local criminal element will just say "no problem sir, step this way". I'm not sure about that. I think the bloke from out of town will be lead down a dark alley and relieved of his valuables.

If they are all over the place they aren't being used to kill people - 39 people killed by firearm in 2011/12

http://www.citizensreportuk.org/reports/murders-fatal-violence-uk.html

Dont wnat to be pedantic but a yes or no without the additional would have made it better. The additional words just make it confusing imo, especially the 2nd but which shows bias. You wouldnt get that past the electoral commission.

Also the point Cycline made about confusing the US and the UK gun control regimes.

Dont wnat to be pedantic but a yes or no without the additional would have made it better. The additional words just make it confusing imo, especially the 2nd but which shows bias. You wouldnt get that past the electoral commission.

The thread isn't and wasn't intended to get past the electoral commission. The additional words are poetic licence. As for 'bias' I would guess the majority of threads are bias.

Also the point Cycline made about confusing the US and the UK gun control regimes.

I don't think Cyclone was confused, he did point out that another poster may have been. Considering NRA was mentioned it's a pretty good pointer to which country and its gun control is about, so not really confusing at all.

---------- Post added 31-01-2016 at 17:46 ----------

Could you buy a gun on Facebook or instagramme in Manchester? You can or should I say you could with ease in the States.

---------- Post added 31-01-2016 at 17:48 ----------

Any chance of a link yet?

Cyclone's link was the one I came across. Thanks Cyclone.

Edited by Andbreathe

Rubbish, for your average Joe the easiest option would be to approach people you think might be able to get you one, the reality is all you would get is smacked in the nose and robbed of your gun buying money.