It's official, English kids are the stupidest in the developed world

You only have to look at some of the posts on SF to see how anti teacher/education establishment some people are to understand the problem.. "I should be able to take my kids on holiday whenever I want".."The teacher made little Johnny do extra homework..who do I complain to".."my kids should be able to wear what they like at school" etcetc.. I suspect there's very little support for schools in some households..

You know what would be a useful experiment. Go to your local school and make an appointment with the Principal. See if you can persuade her or him to let you shadow a teacher for a week. You'd have to get CRB clearance first. Explain what it is you want to do. Ask to check the: schemes of work, lesson plans, registers and tutorial record, for your chosen class. The Principal may chose a class for you.You could also check the Inspection Records -it's a public document . It's a worthy experiment. It might lead you, to some valuable insights as to the nature of teaching, and to how learning outcomes are achieved .After all ,a large proportion of schooling is in the public domain;and

schools have nothing to hide. I don't see why a Principal or Board of Governors wouldn't agree to such an experiment. You might be able to feed back some of your discoveries to the Head Teacher and Governors.

I'd certainly would want to read what you had discovered, from such an experience. You never know, you might set a trend.

Or better still, he could make himself useful and volunteer to help in a school.

Primary schools are always looking for people to listen to readers, do crafts with the children etc. Not sure what the situation is in Secondary Schools.

fhghhgjhjkkjjhk

Edited by EdmundH

You only have to look at some of the posts on SF to see how anti teacher/education establishment some people are to understand the problem.. "I should be able to take my kids on holiday whenever I want"

That is a valid demand. You can take a day off from work but get fined if you want your kid to do it. And it's not discretionary power, it's absolute offence.

"The teacher made little Johnny do extra homework..who do I complain to".."my kids should be able to wear what they like at school" etcetc.. I suspect there's very little support for schools in some households..

Failure in parenting. Nation of self cantered juveniles. Most of people have unplanned children and take very little responsibility to guide them to adulthood. They never reached that themselves.

Being friends with your kids is not the right way to go.

Kids are let down before they even get to school.

Most... Sure. And I bet you have evidence for that, and I'm not counting channel 5 programmes.

Most that I know. Lets put it this way.

I know very few full families with mother and father and all children being full siblings.

I know loads of half time minimum wage single mothers on benefits through work so my view might be distorted.

But this is image of working class Britain that I see.

hghgjhkhjkhkjklkkkk

Edited by EdmundH

It isn't teachers that keep shifting the goalposts Eric, it's government ministers, most of whom appear to be as ignorant about education as you are.

---------- Post added 04-02-2016 at 20:56 ----------

It's considered rude to present someone else's words as your own Pete.

Halibut,

What have I done ? The post is my own composition. Is it similar to another ? I can assure you it's not nicked from another source.

.... skandinavian..... Finnland... In Britain it's a disaster...

English seems to have been a disaster at your school.

English seems to have been a disaster at your school.

Cruel, but truth hurts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35511564

Good Schools Guide editor: Better state schools put private sector at risk

UK state schools have improved so much that some private schools may go out of business, the Good Schools Guide says.

When the guide was first published in 1986, it recommended 10 state schools - 4% of its total. This year, about 300 schools (25%) are in the state sector.

Edited by 999tigger

Teachers are strictly monitored. They are subject to continuous staff development,continuous professional development. They are observed regularly in house and by Ofsted . They are graded and held to account for poor examination outcomes. They are subjected to a lengthy probationary period before they are taken onto a full time contract.

They are all graduates with a University Degree. FE and HE teachers are required to hold a teaching qualification. In today's education system you cannot get away with being a bad teacher. If you are you will be sacked -and the teacher's unions will not defend a bad teacher. No matter what educational methodology is current, you are required to be an expert .

A little late but it might raise a laugh.

I came across this on the Charlton Athletic supporters joke forum and it might just be relevant to this thread:

Grammar is important: Capital letters are the difference between

"helping your Uncle Jack off a horse"& helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Gets coat and leaves.

Edited by davyboy