TV licence thread

Advertising.. :loopy:

The BBC has no adverts. The licence fee pays for the BBC. By not paying for the fee, you are not paying for the BBC, but you'll happily watch BBC programming. It's theft if you want to put things in black and white.

No. You pay for LIVE television.

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 13:26 ----------

It's theft if you want to put things in black and white.

Theft my a@se. If it was theft then why has nobody been prosecuted for theft?

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 13:33 ----------

The BBC accepts lots of advertising and other revenue opportunities through its commercial interests like UKTV and BBC Worldwide. You didn't think that it was just a coincidence that Dave and the other UKTV channels are almost entirely BBC repeats did you?

The only part that doesn't carry advertising is the BBC TV and radio stations but remember that there's a massive billion pound money machine at the BBC.

Also its worth remembering your license fee goes on paying 'top' talent, like £16 million Jonathan Ross & Graham Norton...money well spent.:hihi:

Go and watch tv in the States for a month and then come back to the UK and watch the BBC, you will never want all tv channels to have adverts in it. The BBC is our Netflix and you certainly get a lot for your money on tv, radio and online by comparison to Netflix. Top stars often produce top revenue in worldwide sales meaning that they often make the corporation more than the corporation pays.

No. You pay for LIVE television.

I do yes; you don't, yet watch it anyway.

You are either deliberately obtuse, or it's worryingly natural - the licence fee pays for the majority of BBC output, regardless of if you are watching it live or not. Programmes on the BBC that cost money to make still cost money to make even if it is shown on iPlayer a week later. If people don't pay the fee, the BBC gets less money so the quality and quantity of output falls.

Plus, if you don't pay for the BBC I'm not sure why you are moaning about how much they pay 'stars' either, it's not your money that's being spent is it?

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 14:52 ----------

Go and watch tv in the States for a month and then come back to the UK and watch the BBC, you will never want all tv channels to have adverts in it.

Quite. The BBC is pretty much envied by people in other countries, as TV in the states for example is rubbish. The 'good shows' we get over here are all on subscription TV over there, the actual free channels are shockingly bad.

Netflix is cheaper than the TV licence.

It is and theres nothing stopping the OP using it. People just object if he watches live BBC then he should buy a licence as he is legally required to do. If you dont want to pay for a licence, then don watch it. He seems to think he's some sort of hero.

If people don't pay the fee, the BBC gets less money so the quality and quantity of output falls.

So put ads on it!!! not that hard to get ur head around

Plus, if you don't pay for the BBC I'm not sure why you are moaning about how much they pay 'stars' either, it's not your money that's being spent is it?

No it's your money. LOL!!!!!! :)

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 15:33 ----------

Go and watch tv in the States for a month and then come back to the UK and watch the BBC, you will never want all tv channels to have adverts in it. The BBC is our Netflix and you certainly get a lot for your money on tv, radio and online by comparison to Netflix. Top stars often produce top revenue in worldwide sales meaning that they often make the corporation more than the corporation pays.

bbc4 is quite good...i pay for amazon prime and get the app, happy dayz :)

Edited by herbalharry
MESSED UP ME HTML

No it's your money. LOL!!!!!! :)

Haha, so it is. Fancy being so silly to pay for things I use when the law says so. Maybe I'll start shoplifting or something. Victimless crime innit. Stick it to the man and all that.

Then moan when the thing I'm not paying for gets more expensive, or gets worse.

Do you pay for Sky TV? You can get it for free illegally you know.

The BBC is pretty much envied by people in other countries, as TV in the states for example is rubbish. The 'good shows' we get over here are all on subscription TV over there, the actual free channels are shockingly bad.

im another one who don't pay the licence :roll:. what I also don't agree with is why shops selling tv s inform the bbc that you bought a tv from them. what right have they got to have this privilege :suspect:. I wonder how long the bbc would last as a subscription channel here :hihi: