TV licence thread

Refer to #105....Good night

Which just shows you that you cant read.

366Powers to enforce TV licensing

(1)If a justice of the peace, a sheriff in Scotland or a lay magistrate in Northern Ireland is satisfied by information on oath that there are reasonable grounds for believing—

(a)that an offence under section 363 has been or is being committed,

(b)that evidence of the commission of the offence is likely to be on premises specified in the information, or in a vehicle so specified, and

©that one or more of the conditions set out in subsection (3) is satisfied,

he may grant a warrant under this section.

Carry on knowing what you know, good for you.

Doesn't make you win this argument though does it. .,,

That's not really important to me...I've stopped trying to change people's opinions on here…

Refer to #105....Good night

I'm not sure what moral standpoint you are coming from when you admit to breaking the law by watching or recording live TV. You can pick fault with people's arguments for and against the TV licence, but it's pretty black and white - in the eyes of the law, you should be paying for it.

You might see yourself as some modern day freedom fighter, but basically you're just stiffing everyone else who does pay it. Perhaps I shouldn't pay my council or road tax either, because I don't agree with them and some other bugger can pick up the tab on my behalf?

Carry on knowing what you know, good for you.

Doesn't make you win this argument though does it.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 21:43 ----------

You have no idea what youre talking about...I come from a family of cops..makes me laugh.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 21:43 ----------

And still no evidence. .,,

What do they think of you not paying a licence fee?

But it's easy for them to get a warrant in many cases surely. When you by a tv or a digibox you must supply the retailer your name address which they pass on - they have to or they are very heavily fined. Then it's just comparing that list with their list of licence fee payers.

You don't need to be Columbo.

Its been free for me from day dot. I have never paid and never will.

Good on you :thumbsup:

With any luck they'll prosecute you and you'll get a huge fine. (If you mean that you watch TV without having had a license, rather than just not watching any TV).

I know someone who got their collar felt last year . went to court, first offence , £40 court costs , lot cheaper than paying the licence . Hadnt had a licence for 5 years . Happy to pay the £40 , right result, Happy Days.

I'm not sure what moral standpoint you are coming from when you admit to breaking the law by watching or recording live TV. You can pick fault with people's arguments for and against the TV licence, but it's pretty black and white - in the eyes of the law, you should be paying for it.

You might see yourself as some modern day freedom fighter, but basically you're just stiffing everyone else who does pay it. Perhaps I shouldn't pay my council or road tax either, because I don't agree with them and some other bugger can pick up the tab on my behalf?

You have to pay your council tax.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 23:55 ----------

But it's easy for them to get a warrant in many cases surely. When you by a tv or a digibox you must supply the retailer your name address which they pass on - they have to or they are very heavily fined. Then it's just comparing that list with their list of licence fee payers.

You don't need to be Columbo.

It's not easy at all...Otherwise after 18 years it would have happened.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 23:56 ----------

That's not really important to me...I've stopped trying to change people's opinions on here…

I don't care either. Some people seem to have a moral and righteous viewpoint and that's up to them.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 23:57 ----------

I know someone who got their collar felt last year . went to court, first offence , £40 court costs , lot cheaper than paying the licence . Hadnt had a licence for 5 years . Happy to pay the £40 , right result, Happy Days.

If it's true....not much of a deterrent

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 23:59 ----------

Police are some of the most crooked people I know! I'm squeaky clean in comparison. Get real.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 00:08 ----------

Didn't expect any less.

Look just accept some people object and don't pay license fee....not much you can do about it.

Do you pay yours?

Council tax is set in law as part of the Local Government Finance Act 1992, which states that where a dwelling is occupied the council tax is payable by the resident based on a prescribed hierarchy of liability. In your opinion, 'You have to pay your council tax.'

TV Licence law is part of the Communications Act 2003, which makes it an offence to install or use a television receiver to watch or record any television programmes as they are being shown on television without a valid TV Licence. In your opinion, you don't have to pay the TV licence.

What other laws do you pick and choose to keep to or disregard?

Do you think your MOTD football highlights on TV and live radio commentary is free for the BBC to air? It isn't. It costs money. Lots of money; £60m a year, all funded from the licence payer. As licence fee revenue drops and the cost of football continues to increase, the chance of ITV having the rights again gets closer. 'The Premiership' on ITV really was rubbish too; poor quality production and full of adverts and sponsorship, but if you don't like the licence fee and think the BBC should show adverts, then that is the sort of level flagship programmes like MOTD will sink to.

Lovely :/

Do you pay yours?

Council tax is set in law as part of the Local Government Finance Act 1992, which states that where a dwelling is occupied the council tax is payable by the resident based on a prescribed hierarchy of liability. In your opinion, 'You have to pay your council tax.'

TV Licence law is part of the Communications Act 2003, which makes it an offence to install or use a television receiver to watch or record any television programmes as they are being shown on television without a valid TV Licence. In your opinion, you don't have to pay the TV licence.

Do you think your MOTD football highlights on TV and live radio commentary is free for the BBC to air? It isn't. It costs money. Lots of money; £60m a year, all funded from the licence payer. As licence fee revenue drops and the cost of football continues to increase, the chance of ITV having the rights again gets closer. 'The Premiership' on ITV really was rubbish too; poor quality production and full of adverts and sponsorship, but if you don't like the licence fee and think the BBC should show adverts, then that is the sort of level flagship programmes like MOTD will sink to.

Lovely :/

Yes you pay yours?

And if people didnt pay an arbitary fee the bbc would have to fund the programming with ads. If it didnt win premiership rights another channel would pick up.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 00:44 ----------

I lie to the taxman too. And in golf. Lol!

Just accept it, not everyone wants to pay the license fee and some believe something different. im not the only one here so get over it buddy. Worst things happen At sea!

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 23:55 ----------

It's not easy at all...Otherwise after 18 years it would have happened.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 23:56 ----------

I don't care either. Some people seem to have a moral and righteous viewpoint and that's up to them.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 23:57 ----------

If it's true....not much of a deterrent

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 23:59 ----------

Police are some of the most crooked people I know! I'm squeaky clean in comparison. Get real.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 00:08 ----------

Look just accept some people object and don't pay license fee....not much you can do about it.

Call it what it is - it's cheating and arguably theft. You aren't taking a moral stance you're cheating the system. It's pretty pathetic really. Dodging taxes too! You and penistone would get on like a house on fire. Do you run your car on red diesel?

Call it what it is - it's cheating and arguably theft. You aren't taking a moral stance you're cheating the system. It's pretty pathetic really. Dodging taxes too! You and penistone would get on like a house on fire. Do you run your car on red diesel?

It's neither cheating nor theft. I can see you like coming on here talking rubbish so leave you to it.