TV licence thread

Yes you pay yours?

I do. I'm not tight or go out of my way to use services or consume a product that I haven't paid for when I should have done so either.

It's neither cheating nor theft. I can see you like coming on here talking rubbish so leave you to it.

So why do people get prosecuted for not having it whilst watching TV? Its cheating and pretty poor form. You aren't taking a moral stance, not by a mile.

So why do people get prosecuted for not having it whilst watching TV? Its cheating and pretty poor form. You aren't taking a moral stance, not by a mile.

You tell us? I ain't taking a moral stance, you are!

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 23:37 ----------

I do. I'm not tight or go out of my way to use services or consume a product that I haven't paid for when I should have done so either.

Me too...so?

Me too...so?

Apart from paying for the TV licence. By not doing so you contribute absolutely nothing to the cost of the programmes you watch now and in the future. You are a freeloader basically.

Apart from paying for the TV licence. By not doing so you contribute absolutely nothing to the cost of the programmes you watch now and in the future. You are a freeloader basically.

how do you think programming on every other channel is funded?

The BBC is on it's knee's. Too many scandals. About time they started doing ads and stop criminalising people who don't want to contribute towards what the BBC has become. As for the over 75's getting a free licence, They should get a free licence, everyone should.

The BBC is on it's knee's. Too many scandals. About time they started doing ads and stop criminalising people who don't want to contribute towards what the BBC has become. As for the over 75's getting a free licence, They should get a free licence, everyone should.

its a subscription service nobody signed up for or agreed terms for..basically paying for the priveledge of being advertised to!

Or not in my case.

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 09:19 ----------

i agree...the bbc should start selling adverts. Why should an entertainment television channel set a law? Its ridiculous.

how do you think programming on every other channel is funded?

Advertising.. :loopy:

The BBC has no adverts. The licence fee pays for the BBC. By not paying for the fee, you are not paying for the BBC, but you'll happily watch BBC programming. It's theft if you want to put things in black and white.

The BBC has no adverts. The licence fee pays for the BBC. By not paying for the fee, you are not paying for the BBC, but you'll happily watch BBC programming. It's theft if you want to put things in black and white.

The BBC accepts lots of advertising and other revenue opportunities through its commercial interests like UKTV and BBC Worldwide. You didn't think that it was just a coincidence that Dave and the other UKTV channels are almost entirely BBC repeats did you?

The only part that doesn't carry advertising is the BBC TV and radio stations but remember that there's a massive billion pound money machine at the BBC.

The BBC accepts lots of advertising and other revenue opportunities through its commercial interests like UKTV and BBC Worldwide. You didn't think that it was just a coincidence that Dave and the other UKTV channels are almost entirely BBC repeats did you?

The only part that doesn't carry advertising is the BBC TV and radio stations but remember that there's a massive billion pound money machine at the BBC.

I'm well aware of that; at least two thirds of it's income though comes from the licence fee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/annualreport/2014/executive/finances/licence_fee.html

Any adverts and commercial interests supplement the income from the licence fee.

The BBC spends £4.7 billion a year, covered by the fee and commercial interests, in contrast ITV earns £2.5 billion a year from advertising and commercial interests.

If the BBC was to have to cover all its programming through advertising revenue, it's clear that things would have to change regarding the programming content in order to be more attractive to advertisers for earn money. Change, or be scrapped.

Look at the outcry when they had to move BBC 3 to being an online only channel - imagine how it will be when they have to scrap Radio 3 and 4 to save money.

No. You pay for LIVE television.

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 13:26 ----------

It's theft if you want to put things in black and white.

Theft my a@se. If it was theft then why has nobody been prosecuted for theft?

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 13:33 ----------

Also its worth remembering your license fee goes on paying 'top' talent, like £16 million Jonathan Ross & Graham Norton...money well spent.:hihi:

Go and watch tv in the States for a month and then come back to the UK and watch the BBC, you will never want all tv channels to have adverts in it. The BBC is our Netflix and you certainly get a lot for your money on tv, radio and online by comparison to Netflix. Top stars often produce top revenue in worldwide sales meaning that they often make the corporation more than the corporation pays.