Politicians now want a four day working week.

Let me see, we can't afford pensions for workers who have worked and contributed for 50 years, so the Parasites in Parliament decide to make us all work till we are 67, maybe in a few years, 69 perhaps.

Meanwhile back in LA LA land or as it's better known Parliament, they decide to give themselves a rise and now want to work a four day week. Please don't insult my intelligence by saying the Parasites will do more work in their constituencies on their "day" off, aye the moon could be made of green cheese I suppose.

Angel1

They didn't give themselves a pay rise. No one has said that the four day week means less hours. Why get your knickers in a twist when you have very little info to go on.

According to a national newspaper our politicians are now considering a four day working week.This is after the Tories have preached "austerity" to the rest of us for the last six years.How an earth can they justify telling us we have to work longer for less,when they want to work less for more?These money grabbing parasites are taking the public ( who pay their wages ) for mugs, and we all seem to be daft enough to put up with it.

Post the link, so we know what the article says and where its come from rather than your slant on it. I just googled it and the top link was your thread.

The express are the only people reporting it, they first claimed it was happening 3 1/2 years ago it seems.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/330193/MPs-want-4-day-week-in-Commons

I doubt the OP would be as lame as to report a 3.5 year old story, he must have a more recent link. Thanks btw.

So the story says 4 day week in the commons, but thats not saying they only work 4 days a week as they have their constituencies to deal with. Lets hope the OP hasnt overlooked that bit and misrepresented the true story.

I doubt the OP would be as lame as to report a 3.5 year old story, he must have a more recent link. Thanks btw.

So the story says 4 day week in the commons, but thats not saying they only work 4 days a week as they have their constituencies to deal with. Lets hope the OP hasnt overlooked that bit and misrepresented the true story.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/622646/MPs-plot-four-day-working-week

Found this which is from a month ago. Tbh the express have such form for running non stories over and over I'll not concern myself with it unless credible sources report it.

Not really as there are many jobs no that dont have employment protection and in any case once an MP is elected they are in their job fo 5 years. It is however a job than anyone who is elected can do and does not depend on age or experience.

Don't forget they get a pay off as well when they lose their seat.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/622646/MPs-plot-four-day-working-week

Found this which is from a month ago. Tbh the express have such form for running non stories over and over I'll not concern myself with it unless credible sources report it.

That will do Quik. I get annoyed when people who open threads refer to something and rant on about none of the rest of us have the benefit of.

That story appears to repeat the same idea they simply want a kind of flexi time so formal bills are only debated monday to Thursday with a late night on Tuesday to make up for it. The Friday they want to be able to do constituency work.

Btw my 10p worth is that I think they ought to be paid more, but they can pack in the second jobs and directorships.

PS Sorry Unb I see you explained it. I get annoyed when someone says soemthing and thinks thats enough to justify a rant and we are just menat to go along with it.

Edited by 999tigger

Without a link, this could be just something plucked out the the air.

If you're talking about how many days a week parliament is to be in session, that's not an MP's working week. MPs have 2 primary places of work. One is Westminster, the other is their constituency office.

If parliament sat for only 4 days per week, MPs would then be more available to their constituents in their constituency office.

Being an MP is one of the very few jobs in which there is zero employment protection. If you don't think your MP is working hard enough, or doing a good enough job, or even if you just don't like the look of him/her; vote for somebody else.

Certainly my MP works at Westminster 4 days and spends Friday taking surgery and dealing with matters in the constituency. We sometimes travel together on the train.