Politicians now want a four day working week.

Er, everyone who has worked and contributed for 50 years gets a state pension. People who haven't worked and contributed that long get a state pension. Stop making things up.

I believe you have not grasped the full meaning of my post. The Government have told us all that even if you have worked and paid your full dues and demands, the pension as it is at 65 WILL become impossible to pay, for the simple reason that there are too many of us drawing said pension. To enable it to continue in its present form, the good people of our land WILL HAVE TO work over the age of 65, 67 has been mooted and even a few years down the road 69.

So while our Parliamentarians want you to work 2 or even 4 years longer, they have a rise AND it would appear wish to REDUCE their work in Westminster to 4 rather than 5 days. I stand by my previous post.

By the way I do not make things up, neither do I accuse other people of doing so.

I look forward to your reply.

Angel1.

I believe you have not grasped the full meaning of my post. The Government have told us all that even if you have worked and paid your full dues and demands, the pension as it is at 65 WILL become impossible to pay, for the simple reason that there are too many of us drawing said pension. To enable it to continue in its present form, the good people of our land WILL HAVE TO work over the age of 65, 67 has been mooted and even a few years down the road 69.

So while our Parliamentarians want you to work 2 or even 4 years longer, they have a rise AND it would appear wish to REDUCE their work in Westminster to 4 rather than 5 days. I stand by my previous post.

By the way I do not make things up, neither do I accuse other people of doing so.

Angel1.

It doesnt mean they will be working any less they simply want to have Friday to work in their constituencies. Youd know this if you bothered to read threads , but that seems to be beyond you.

The increase in retirement age will apply to them as well.

Angel1.

I don't think you understand how the state pension works. From the government site:

You need 30 qualifying years of National Insurance contributions or credits to get the full basic State Pension. This means for 30 years at least one of the following applied to you:

you were working and paid National Insurance

you were getting National Insurance Credits, eg for unemployment, sickness or as a parent or carer

you were paying voluntary National Insurance contributions

You do not need to work until you are 65 or 67, these are the ages at which you can claim your pension.

You could have worked from the age of 16, paid full NI and retire at the age of 46 if you have sufficient funds to keep you for the next 20 years.

So, nobody is asking you to work longer but simply asking you to wait longer.

a four day working week? Since when did they work?

Except if you read the story, then youd realise thats not whats being proposed.

How many hours a week do you consider to be full time?

Full time is normally classed as 35 to 40 hours work a week.