BP garage on Bramall Lane

Strange thing happened here the other day. I was at pump 3 (alone) and stuck about £24 of diesel in - £24:12 to be exact. Well at the counter the cost came up at £25 exactly so I though I had maybe read the amount instead of cost, previously it was suggested I had done that at the same place and I accepted without checking.

Anyway this time I checked and it was £24:12 so I went back in and challenged the amount and immediately without checking the assistant accepted what I said and returned me 75p in cash, but declined to offer me an explanation. He also kept my first receipt and gave me another one. At some point I did confirm it was pump 3 but this seemed irrelevant.

Obviously I was overcharged 88p but was so taken aback by the refund I never thought to question it (I had just finished a 12hr night shift too).

Most odd, anyway upshot is check your amounts before paying.

75p in cash?

Aw well - it's closer!

Strange thing happened here the other day. I was at pump 3 (alone) and stuck about £24 of diesel in - £24:12 to be exact. Well at the counter the cost came up at £25 exactly so I though I had maybe read the amount instead of cost, previously it was suggested I had done that at the same place and I accepted without checking.

Anyway this time I checked and it was £24:12 so I went back in and challenged the amount and immediately without checking the assistant accepted what I said and returned me 75p in cash, but declined to offer me an explanation. He also kept my first receipt and gave me another one. At some point I did confirm it was pump 3 but this seemed irrelevant.

Obviously I was overcharged 88p but was so taken aback by the refund I never thought to question it (I had just finished a 12hr night shift too).

Most odd, anyway upshot is check your amounts before paying.

Had a similar thing happen there, overcharged for purchases, they immediately corrected it.

Ya know , I go in there everyday , have done for years,and never thought to check??

Thanks for the heads up , just going now

Ya know , I go in there everyday , have done for years,and never thought to check??

Thanks for the heads up , just going now

Didn't it change hands when it was rebuilt recently?

I fuel up there occasionally, I'll take closer note next time of what the pump rings up.

It may be worth reporting, I know it is only a few pence but lots of 88p's off each customer add up to quite a lot over time.

The strangest thing about that shiny new fantastically modern BP garage is that you cant pay with your credit/debit card at the pump.

I know its open 24hrs but its a feature that's been available at petrol stations for years.

Edited by AmourDesign

Didn't it change hands when it was rebuilt recently?

I fuel up there occasionally, I'll take closer note next time of what the pump rings up.

Not sure if it did change hands although most of the same staff are still there.

I'll ask next time I go in ;-)

The strangest thing about that shiny new fantastically modern BP garage is that you cant pay wit your credit/debit card at the pump.

I know its open 24hrs but its a feature that's been available at petrol stations for years.

Also it did LPG before but not now.

The strangest thing about that shiny new fantastically modern BP garage is that you cant pay wit your credit/debit card at the pump.

You can't at the BP at Meadowhead neither. Maybe it's a BP thing?

You can't at the BP at Meadowhead neither. Maybe it's a BP thing?

Maybe they make more money from people buying chocolate and stuff they dont really need while queuing to pay. And they have a Costa & Subway in there.

So it may be a commercial reason.