Prejudice linked to Low IQ and Conservatism

Max, why not give us a clue rather then make a claim and then fail to substantiate it.

What is the grass roots Labour memberships views on immigration?

Easy:

a) It's a bad thing

b) It's a good thing

c) It's somewhere in between

You see, the Labour Party is a broad church and its membership reflects the views of the electorate so there is no single view on immigration. Again, just like the electorate.

"Labour support has fallen two points since last month, giving the Conservatives a 15-point lead in voting intention, 42 per cent to 27 per cent."

http://www.comres.co.uk/polls/indepe...olitical-poll/

All that proves apparently is that Conservative supporters are stupid which begs the question about what that makes Labour supporters.

All that proves apparently is that Conservative supporters are stupid

You said it, but I wouldn't say all. You'll do for starters though.

which begs the question about what that makes Labour supporters.

Considering it's a thread about prejudice linked to low IQ and conservatism, you could always try a new thread instead of an attempt at derailing this one.

Edited by cassity

This is funny. I suggest you come along to a Labour Party meeting as an observer and see the many views on immigration. Politics, particularly around immigration, is not as black and white as people would like to think.

Funny maybe, true definitely. The point wasn't whether or not there are differing views on immigration in the Labour party; I'm sure there are.

The point was that left wingers are helping globalist capitalism in their aims of bringing about low wages and higher consumption of goods. Which the left seems unable to see or unwilling to admit.

Given the many attempts to derail this thread I think it is worth quoting from the research cited by the OP which argues that prejudice is linked to low IQ and Conservatism:

"There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb...The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults...Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies...Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice".

Given the many attempts to derail this thread I think it is worth quoting from the research cited by the OP which argues that prejudice is linked to low IQ and Conservatism:

"There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb...The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults...Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies...Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice".

Reminds me of that famous John Stuart Mill quotation:

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.