Why did The Labour Party choose Jeremy Corbyn as leader?

I think that one of the things that made Miliband's positions untenable, was the constant undermining and sniping by the Blairites who felt cheated that Miliband's brother never got the job.

I agree.

And what is especially toxic in the Parliamentary Labour Party is the constant sniping between the Blairites and the Brownites. There is no difference between them in policy terms; just factions sniping at one another, in the hope of gaining favour from their respective courts.

At least Jeremy Corbyn is outward looking, and is offering a different narrative.

I agree.

And what is especially toxic in the Parliamentary Labour Party is the constant sniping between the Blairites and the Brownites. There is no difference between them in policy terms; just factions sniping at one another, in the hope of gaining favour from their respective courts.

At least Jeremy Corbyn is outward looking, and is offering a different narrative.

It seems that Cornyn's achieved something no one else in Labour could, he's reunited the factions.

Against Jeremy Corbyn?

It does seem that way. I think that this was the plan all along. As I said earlier:

Now Corbyn's come along the two factions have joined together to oppose the left of the party. I always thought it was fishy that Chuka Umunna pulled out of the leadership race right after he went on the Sunday morning politics shows with Lord Mandelson.

I expect Chuka Umunna to become the next Labour leader and he'll bring them back to the middle ground and make them seem more relevant to the electorate. Remember that it looks like whoever leads Labour into the next election will be up against an unpopular Chancellor or Boris Johnson.

It does seem that way. I think that this was the plan all along. As I said earlier:

Now Corbyn's come along the two factions have joined together to oppose the left of the party. I always thought it was fishy that Chuka Umunna pulled out of the leadership race right after he went on the Sunday morning politics shows with Lord Mandelson.

I expect Chuka Umunna to become the next Labour leader and he'll bring them back to the middle ground and make them seem more relevant to the electorate. Remember that it looks like whoever leads Labour into the next election will be up against an unpopular Chancellor or Boris Johnson.

I think you are right about Chuka,but Boris? but you never know personality goes a long way.

I agree.

If you mean he walks about with his head in the clouds you're dead right. ;)

I think you are right about Chuka,but Boris? but you never know personality goes a long way.

I can't see anyone else beyond Osborne and BoJo fighting out to take over from Cameron before the next election.

Osborne may be popular within the Tory circles but it has to recognised that he has become a decisive figure amongst the population. Whereas BoJo is as Bojo does, so I could see him carrying it off to win the Tory Leadership.

If Chuka Umunna gets in early and makes Labour relevant towards the electorate then he may be worth an outside bet.