Why did The Labour Party choose Jeremy Corbyn as leader?

I'd suggest that it is pretty obvious that the Taliban is an odious set of people and they have no right to force their way of life on others, by refusing to hand over Al Qaida to the Americans they've only got themselves to blame.

Where I would criticise the Americans is how little effort they made in trying to get a functional country up and running in a way that would benefit the Afghanis. It was this mistake that led us to the mess that Afghanistan is in today.

You could say the same for Iraq. If the Americans had rebuilt the infrastructure and improved the life of the average Iraqi then the country would have stabilised. Unfortunately it seemed that Iraq turned into an opportunity for people/corporations to make lots of money instead of rebuilding a country.

So we didn't mess up by removing Saddam Hussain or the Taliban from power, as I said earlier, it was what happened next that led to the unholy mess that we're in now.

I watched the video, what's your point?

the point being...it was all about finding excuses to go in and take those counties over...under the pretext of helping the people...

Dont you find it odd how many countries we have invaded in the name of spreading democracy?

the point being...it was all about finding excuses to go in and take those counties over...under the pretext of helping the people...

Dont you find it odd how many countries we have invaded in the name of spreading democracy?

I can only think of 2, and with both Afghanistan and Iraq the pretext was obviously to remove the people running the country.

I can only think of 2, and with both Afghanistan and Iraq the pretext was obviously to remove the people running the country.

and Libya....

and as i said before, we have no right invading any other country, its none of our business....and i see the bombing of Isis as just an excuse to go and bomb Assad further down the line....he tried to get approval in 2013 and didnt get it, this is through the back door.....

okay, i'm out, enjoy the rest of your evening :)

Corbyn has kept to his principles whilst allowing a free vote - he can't do fairer than that, in London there is a big anti- war protest today.

Some see airstrikes as upping the anti, they may be proved right.

and Libya....

and as i said before, we have no right invading any other country, its none of our business....and i see the bombing of Isis as just an excuse to go and bomb Assad further down the line....he tried to get approval in 2013 and didnt get it, this is through the back door.....

I wouldn't say that we invaded Libya, we helped with the overthrow of Gaddafi.

Let's face it where Corbyn is concerned, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Personally I think he's used wisdom and done the right thing.

Wisdom in being too scared and unable to face the fact how many MPs will rebel against him?

It is OK. The Trident vote will show the true support he has among his own MPs, or is he going to be a coward again?

Russia is fighting terrorist...all of them, you call them rebels or what you want, they are still terrorist.....

Whether you call them rebels or terrorists they aren't ISIS. You asked why turkey attacked the plane hitting them, I explained that they are a turkic group backed by ankara.

Being brutally honest you seem very ill informed about the region and recent history in general (your ignorance of the standoff at Pristina airport further up the page for example). If you genuinely want to learn and come to informed conclusions about what is an incredibly complex situation you'd probably be well served reading up on the history of the region post WW1 rather than relying on soundbites from RT.

and Libya....

Why aren't America invading other countries, Nigeria for example. Lots of oil, lots of other cool natural resources and a few nutty Islamists!

Let's face it where Corbyn is concerned, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

That sounds fair enough. I note William Hill are offering 20:1 against him leading Labour to victory in 2020. They are only offering 14:1 on Sajid Javid to lead the Tories to victory. Who's Sajid Javid?

Fancy a punt?

Edited by exxon

That sounds fair enough. I note William Hill are offering 20:1 against him leading Labour to victory in 2020. They are only offering 14:1 on Sajid Javid to lead the Tories to victory. Who's Sajid Javid?

Fancy a punt?

What a sad creature..."a punt!?" I wonder what the "odds" are when and if a Brit pilot gets captured and the manner of how he dies...'in a cage dowsed in petrol' or 'head hacked off? Mind you, either way you'll be the first to get a front line seat to watch it on youtoob..

What we are in no doubt about to do plays right into the hands of IS, it's exactly what they want...and you are giving it to them. YOU are a supporter of IS, YOU are the enemy...but hey, what's it to you eh? nice and safe while others put their life on the line unnecessarily while you tinkle away.

What a sad creature..."a punt!?" I wonder what the "odds" are when and if a Brit pilot gets captured and the manner of how he dies...'in a cage dowsed in petrol' or 'head hacked off? Mind you, either way you'll be the first to get a front line seat to watch it on youtoob..

What we are in no doubt about to do plays right into the hands of IS, it's exactly what they want...and you are giving it to them. YOU are a supporter of IS, YOU are the enemy...but hey, what's it to you eh? nice and safe while others put their life on the line unnecessarily while you tinkle away.

In the sense that they want to die you are correct that IS are getting what they want. The rest of your diatribe doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Eric Arthur

Whether you call them rebels or terrorists they aren't ISIS. You asked why turkey attacked the plane hitting them, I explained that they are a turkic group backed by ankara.

Being brutally honest you seem very ill informed about the region and recent history in general (your ignorance of the standoff at Pristina airport further up the page for example). If you genuinely want to learn and come to informed conclusions about what is an incredibly complex situation you'd probably be well served reading up on the history of the region post WW1 rather than relying on soundbites from RT.

i think you will find i am more informed than you think,

Yeah, we have already established what Eric thinks..he is more than happy to send people into war, if it doesnt involve HIM getting a uniform on..whilst he belittles other people for not wanting to fight... hypocrite of the first order. and when you point it out, the toys get thrown out of the pram, and he makes silly accusations about me wanting to close the thread down....amazing

Do people actually believe we are going in there to get Isis without an ulterior motive? do you gullible people believe it will improve things? honestly...do you honestly believe that.?

We have two superpowers in there with more weapons than we can throw a stick at, what are our few planes going to do? and dont give me this rubbish about Brimstone missiles being that accurate and needed, we dont have boots on the ground, so we will be just bombing blindly....causing huge civilian casualties, which in turn will cause more terrorists :huh:

Can you people tell me, hand on heart, do you believe that bombing is going to make things better, or is it just for our own pride and self esteem.....

And dont take your eye off the prize folks, wait until we make a move on Assad, Cameron wanted that in 2013 and got knocked into the long grass, this is going in by the back door