Why did The Labour Party choose Jeremy Corbyn as leader?

Either way, they did not vote for their to MP take instructions from Jeremy Corbyn or somebody like him.

Which is why I'm pushing for reselection of ALL candidates so all the Labour MPs have a clear mandate taking into account the new direction the party members appear to want it to go.

The party has moved in a new direction, and they have to accept that...or move on

---------- Post added 30-11-2015 at 14:12 ----------

No, why should it, I voted labour in the election, if my Labour MP was a Blairite or a leftie, what choice do i have?

If you didn't agree with your MPs views then why vote him/her in?

Or attempted to cut Labour's crazy and unaffordable spending comitments. That's why Labour lost the election in 2010 and 2015 and why they have lost ground since.

Yeah, and they are cutting our services to the bone and still the debt is rising, the cut backs are that brutal that even Mr Cameron had to write and complain :hihi::loopy::hihi::loopy:

and oh...you dont honestly believe the debt was caused by Labour, and not an economic crash do you?

If you didn't agree with your MPs views then why vote him/her in?

Because as I've already said, I support Labour nationally and would rather Labour got in power than the Tories for instance. How many people actually know who their local MP is? Not many. We may tick a name on the voting slip, but realistically people vote for the party first and the person second.

And doubled the national debt whilst giving tax breaks to the rich :help:

The reduction in the top tax rate from 50% to 45% brought in more money for benefits and public services.

The bulk of the tax cuts have been for the working poor. Or did you think the massive increase in the income tax personal allowance didn't count as a tax cut.

Ignoring the fact that it takes time to get spending under control and grow the economy to eliminate the deficit, the debt has not doubled even in straight cash terms. It's nowhere near having doubled as a fraction of GDP.

In terms of cash, it tripled between 1997 and 2010, and has gone up a little over 50% since 2010.

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN05745/SN05745.pdf

Get your facts straight. :rant:

Edited by unbeliever

Because as I've already said, I support Labour nationally and would rather Labour got in power than the Tories for instance. How many people actually know who their local MP is? Not many. We may tick a name on the voting slip, but realistically people vote for the party first and the person second.

So you vote Labour without knowing/caring what the candidate stands for?