Walsall v Blades.

Hurting?............about some games of football?........:D:D:D

Was thinking the same myself :hihi:

I never let football allow me to get worked up what with it being just a game and all that but for the record I expected us to gain promotion at the beginning of the season and my opinion hasn't changed one bit.

We are only 8 points off the Automatic spots and I will happily sit in that position come January due to the inconsistency in the league. With our chairman announcing that £4m will be injected into transfers in the next window and with Adkins sending all of the dead wood out on loan, the future is looking bright.

Maybe you should have taken a punt on Lucas Joao:D

He's League One standard after all... according to you.

We never saw him play on grass, only astro turf... ouch. ;)

The futures only looking bright at one Sheffield club ,and it ain't the blades ,but if you can't get out of the worst first division for years ,summat is seriously wrong.

Hurting?............about some games of football?........:D:D:D

Well some of us have a bit of a passion for the game so losing does have a mild effect. Its funny how one of the most vociferous and defensive of uniteds fans on here is suddenly "not bothered" after an awful run of form, if it didnt affect you you wouldn't be on here you'd be content with a glance at the results in the Sunday paper to see how "your team" has gone on, with a tut afterwards no doubt.

I feel for you at the minute such high expectations coming to this.

The futures only looking bright at one Sheffield club ,and it ain't the blades ,but if you can't get out of the worst first division for years ,summat is seriously wrong.

Swings and roundabouts, isn't it. You've been very average for a number of years until this season. History will tell you, United's time will come again.

Was thinking the same myself :hihi:

I never let football allow me to get worked up what with it being just a game and all that but for the record I expected us to gain promotion at the beginning of the season and my opinion hasn't changed one bit.

We are only 8 points off the Automatic spots and I will happily sit in that position come January due to the inconsistency in the league. With our chairman announcing that £4m will be injected into transfers in the next window and with Adkins sending all of the dead wood out on loan, the future is looking bright.

Sat 11th in the Pub League with one of the biggest budgets in the division..

Looking up at the likes of Gillingham,Burton and Bury..

9 points off the relegation places...

3 wins in the last 13 or so League games..

But its all ok....because Huddersfield are crap...Joao has only scored 6 goals and Hutchinson is a dirty so and so....

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Taking a stab here at trying to get this thread back on topic.

As a Blade I will admit that I am worried about this season, not solely from this game but from previous games that we should also have walked.

Before the game NA was interviewed and he said that we "were moving the right direction" which made me laugh out loud (or lol as the kids say) as we've been progressively moving down the table for the past few games.

For me, NA has inherited some average players and made some average signings. Therefore the team is average.

We might get a play off place this season (that no-one wants) but I think the top 2 is very unlikely at this stage unless something turns around and fast. Like a previous poster said, other teams just seem to want it more.

Taking a stab here at trying to get this thread back on topic.

As a Blade I will admit that I am worried about this season, not solely from this game but from previous games that we should also have walked.

Before the game NA was interviewed and he said that we "were moving the right direction" which made me laugh out loud (or lol as the kids say) as we've been progressively moving down the table for the past few games.

For me, NA has inherited some average players and made some average signings. Therefore the team is average.

We might get a play off place this season (that no-one wants) but I think the top 2 is very unlikely at this stage unless something turns around and fast. Like a previous poster said, other teams just seem to want it more.

That's down to certain players who know they are average, are probably playing at the highest level they'll ever play at and play for a big-ish team in Sheffield United F.C while taking a good wage home p/m.

Why strive for "more" when you have reached you're peak ?

The sooner these are gone from the club, the better.

Edited by byeo

I think the problem is Adkins has inherited a big squad of players who are obviously not of his own choosing (tho he's added a few players since). I think it was probably unrealistic to expect automatic promotion in those circumstances. The January window should provide an opportunity to further rectify this and get a playoff spot, as long as we haven't lost touch by then. Otherwise hold any optimism for next season.

Why strive for "more" when you have reached you're peak ?

Isnt it the managers job to inspire the players.

Listening to his after match interviews he seems to say the same thing every week, showing great character, determination etc etc.

Personally I think its the defence, long is a great shot stopper but I sometimes think he needs to be more vocal as do the remaining back 4.

Scoring goals isn't a problem, especially when we are under pressure, it just seems they have to go a goal, or 2, down to really get them playing.

Well some of us have a bit of a passion for the game so losing does have a mild effect. Its funny how one of the most vociferous and defensive of uniteds fans on here is suddenly "not bothered" after an awful run of form, if it didnt affect you you wouldn't be on here you'd be content with a glance at the results in the Sunday paper to see how "your team" has gone on, with a tut afterwards no doubt.

I feel for you at the minute such high expectations coming to this.

It's not defensive,because it keeps asking you questions to things that you can't come up with answers to,to things that you claim..........that's the same reason it's vociferous..........you don't let people get away with writing nonsense.

There's a big difference between coming on here to talk about what happened in and out of games,and it 'hurting'............it's called perspective.......it's a game of football,always has been and always will be......the Blades stopped ruining my weekends before I got out of my teens........W,L or D,whatever feeling is derived from the result fades away a couple of hours after the game ends,because reality and perspective kicks in............nobody lives their lives based on football results..........well,maybe somebody does,and not even their teams.:D

Isnt it the managers job to inspire the players

I think it's 50/50, the manager can only do so much, the rest is up to the player. If you know that you're playing at the highest level you will ever play at, what can the manager say which will make you change that view ?

It's not all the United players who I feel have this attitude, just a select few. One was brought in by Clough but has not played much recently. Was always tweeting about how his mates from Scotland were coming down for a night in Sheffield.

That strikes me as someone who is happy not playing, plodding along and picking up a good wage. He's now on loan at Portsmouth in L2.