Walsall v Blades.

rockport

I'll be very surprised if we come away with anything from there today.How long now since an away win in the tin pot?...........all this while teams have come to the Lane and gone home with points on a regular basis...........middle of the table team that could and should be doing much better with the squad we have,both in size and quality.

It didn't have much quality last season and has not improved much this.

i really dont get that, obviously its not as good as people make out, results speak for themselves

Right,you never see a team struggling to get results,sack a manager and the new guy gets the same squad of players to improve and look like a different team do you?:D

From somebody who has actually been to the United game it was a the first 45 minutes that cost us three points. Very slow off the mark and allowed Walsall to get an early stamp on the game. Second half we edge our way into the game and after a couple of changes we started to get on top.

We should have had a stone wall penalty in the second half, had a perfect view of it and in my opinion it was nothing but however the referee stupidly thought differently. That said they hit the woodwork a few times as well and we had a couple of very good chances that we should have stuck away in the second half as well.

A draw is a fair result both sides considered. They have some really good players of real quality and a real turn of pace to catch anyone out on the counter attack. For this reason they will be top 6 come the end of the season and with this in mind I will just about take a point. The second half was much better but we can have no excuses for that first half performance as it was woeful.

Another game we have had to chase.

Whether you think Walsall are a decent side or not this season, it is still a game we should be looking to win.

From what I hear, we should have been behind in the first half and it was only a matter of time.

As one of the less alarmist/defensive posters on here Robbie what do you think the problem is, I thought united would go up automatically this season and I was even contemplating a bet on it, wheres it all going wrong?

Another game we have had to chase.

Whether you think Walsall are a decent side or not this season, it is still a game we should be looking to win.

From what I hear, we should have been behind in the first half and it was only a matter of time.

You heard 100% correctly Robbie mate. We started reasonably whilst being unspectacular however it didn't take long to become a little overwhelmed by the home teams turn of pace. Walsall piled it on a bit and got a bit of success and then gained a good bit of confidence from it and hammered us for a good 15 minutes in the first half and as you heard they could have knocked a couple in.

Second half we conceded early but then dug in and finally drew ourself back into the game and as it went on we got better and better. We had a good few chances and should have had at least one nailed on penalty. After we scored there was only one team who looked like getting another and that was us.

What is the problem? Being cautious with a tentative approach, showing our opponents too much respect and backing off which allows them to play football AND still lacking quality in key areas of the pitch.

Unlike Robbie, I am more than happy to walk away from that with a draw. On paper one of the better teams in the league and if we were sat in 1st or second now, I would still take that point.

You heard 100% correctly Robbie mate. We started reasonably whilst being unspectacular however it didn't take long to become a little overwhelmed by the home teams turn of pace. Walsall piled it on a bit and got a bit of success and then gained a good bit of confidence from it and hammered us for a good 15 minutes in the first half and as you heard they could have knocked a couple in.

Second half we conceded early but then dug in and finally drew ourself back into the game and as it went on we got better and better. We had a good few chances and should have had at least one nailed on penalty. After we scored there was only one team who looked like getting another and that was us.

What is the problem? Being cautious with a tentative approach, showing our opponents too much respect and backing off which allows them to play football AND still lacking quality in key areas of the pitch.

Unlike Robbie, I am more than happy to walk away from that with a draw. On paper one of the better teams in the league and if we were sat in 1st or second now, I would still take that point.

Well you're not, you're 11th